Chapter 50-2. The YES YES Show!

Sunday
St. Mercy’s Hospital
After 2 days…

She’s been staring at his sleeping form for half an hour already. Her eyes were heavy & her entire body was aching. Siya? Si Sara Felisidad dela Rama? Natulog sa ospital? Yeah. And honestly, she barely even slept. Hindi naman sanay yan na matulog ng naka-upo lang ee. But, for her, none of it really mattered.

Mag-isa lang siyang nagbabantay ngayon kay Max, who was still sleeping since he went out from the ICU. Sa katunayan, kasama niyang nagbantay sila Tita Mel, Jill at Japo kagabi while Meg & Ken had to go home. Sila Borge at Ellie naman nag-volunteer na sila naman ang in-charge na magbantay mamayang gabi. And right now, she’s contented to sit here alone with him.

She reached for his hand and for once in her life, Sara prayed with all her heart na sana magising na si Darren Max Sanchez.

Habang patuloy na pinagmamasdan ng dalaga si Max, she thought randomly “I wonder, what he’s dreaming about…” At naisip niya na sana… sana kahit papaano… kasama siya doon.

She then stood up from her sit and went towards the bedside table when she noticed a black Girbaud wallet placed beside a Blackberry phone na alam niyang kay Max. For some unexplainable reason, Sara was feeling a little sneaky and reached for Max’s BB.

She played around with it for a while and a silly idea suddenly hit her. Inayos ng dalaga ang buhok niya at itinutok ang Blackberry sakanya. She hesitated for a moment… and with all her might she pressedRECORD VIDEO.

The air was filled with the scent of pop corn despite the fact that the entire place was rather foggy at sobrang liwanag ng kapaligiran that Max thought that he was probably in heaven but then, he was still considering the possibility that this could all be just a dream.

 White, fluffy clouds were freely drifting by and Darren Max Sanchez had never felt this peaceful. Sino ba naman ang hindi maiinggit sa kanya? Here he was in a place where neither time nor space exists at nakaupo lang siya sa isang puting sofa, kaharap ang isang maliit na telebisyon habang may hawak-hawak na isang bowl ng pop corn.

 And the most exciting part is? Sarili niya yung pinapanood niya sa TV. Kahit anong channel, kahit anong palabas… SIYA ANG BIDA!! Dinaig pa niya ngayon si John Lloyd Cruz sa tindi ng exposure.

 The TV screen suddenly showed a young girl. Si Ellie. Parang teleseryeng pinanonood niya ang mga ilang mahahalagang pangyayari sa buhay niya na kusang lumalabas sa screen.

 “Bakit Darren ang pangalan mo?” Eleonor Malicsi Dimaculangan asked, her cute rounded eyes were filled with curiosity of a five year old.

Alam ni Max ito… he knew this scene so perfectly well. This was exactly the first time they talked…

At kahit maliit lang si Ellie nun, she showed great enthusiasm about everything. “Hindi bagay sayo. Pangit!” She didn’t mean to criticize him really. As an innocent young girl as she was, sinasabi lang niya kung ano yung tingin niyang totoo.

Max at that time was rather shy. His cute little cheeks slightly turned red and he looked down on his feet. Sanay si Max nun na laging inaasar. He was always picked on by his classmates. “Ganun ba…” Kaya naman nung sinabihan siya ni Ellie na pangit ang pangalan niya, he didn’t do anything to defend himself and ever since that day, AYAW NA NIYA ANG PANGALANG DARREN.