10

TW's:
-Mentions rape (flashbacks)
-Panic attack (nightmare)
-Mentions pills
-Starvation

My mum and Dream got called back inside after and the doctor had hidden my paper with text.

'I think that this is coming from a trauma he has. You have to try and communicate with him and if he feels comfortable enough, he might tell you. I'll ask you beforehand, if he tells you, never laugh at him.'

My mum nodded as if she totally understood that part, but she forgot when she laughed at me when I told them I got raped.

I stared at my hands and was fighting against my tears. I felt the doctor look at me and he started talking again.

'I'm going to prescribe some calming medication for George, taking this makes him calm enough to start speaking again. The only thing is, it takes one to two months to fully work.'

'So it might take him that long to talk?' my mum asked.

'We don't even know if the medication is going to work, because it's something mental. He can still talk, he only got traumatised because of something and I think he will only go back to talking if he starts to feel less anxious about it.'

'What can we do?'

'You can try and go to a therapist, but he didn't seem to like that and it's hard for a therapist to get it out of him. You as parents, you have to be there for him all the time and make him feel as comfortable as possible, and you, as his friend or boyfriend, I think, you can try and calm him down as much as possible in any way.'

Dream nodded, not even trying to correct the doctor.

'He needs to eat and drink more, because his heart beat is really low. If he won't eat and drink within a day or if he starts fainting, has an even lower heartbeat or whatever, he has to come back immediately. If he doesn't start eating and mostly drinking, we will have to give him a tube in his nose.'

I didn't even look up, I just didn't want to eat or drink. I didn't feel like it at all, I didn't feel like doing anything at all. I was sick of being here and I stood up, walking away. The doctor spoke with my mother for a little and Dream stood in front of me, grabbing my shoulders.

I flinched and moved away immediately. He smiled at me. 'Can I hold you for a little?'

I nodded slowly and Dream put his hands back on my shoulders. 'Do you want a hug?'

I looked at him with big and scared eyes, he noticed and he smiled. 'I won't hug you, you look really scared. I'm sorry, Georgie.'

I nodded slightly and I saw my mum coming back. 'There's already medicine ready for you, I only have to get it,' my mum said, smiling at me.

I shrugged.

'Can I get it so you two wait in the car?'

I shook my head heavily.

'Okay, sweetie. I will bring you two home, but do you promise me to drink and eat a little?'

I nodded slowly and I grabbed Dream's hand. He held my hand tightly and rubbed his thumb over it. We walked to the car and I curled up, letting my head rest on Dream's shoulder. Dream didn't do anything else than hold my hand which calmed me down.

We arrived at home and I immediately walked upstairs with Dream. I laid down in my bed and curled up as a ball, closing my eyes. Dream had made me some tea and prepared some toast for me. I didn't feel like eating yet, but I drank my tea after a while.

'Georgie? You know you can tell me everything, right? I know something really bad happened to you and I will never laugh at you. I will always be here for you.'

I nodded slowly and closed my eyes again. 'Let me sing for you, maybe you will fall asleep.'

I smiled shyly and blushed a little. He was really sweet and he made me blush often. I liked him, but I was way too traumatised to keep myself busy with things like that. I was too confused about literally anything.

I had never even had friendly feelings for anyone after I got raped for the first time and now when I got raped for the second time, I didn't even want to think about it. Even though I started realising more that I was having kind of small feelings for Dream. It was probably just friendship and our first meet up ever. It meant a lot to me that he was here for me in those hard times.

I slowly started dozing off, but within seconds I started replaying everything that happened. I started feeling everything like it happened again. I started moving a little and I suddenly felt a hand touching my hand. I sat up, screaming loudly. I looked around me and didn't even recognise Dream. I jumped up and hid myself in the corner of the room.

The person stood up and walked closer to me. I started screaming even louder and I started hitting the person in front of me.

'Ssh, Georgie. It's me, Clay! I won't touch you, okay? Come back to the bed and lay down, I will sing to you.'

I looked at him in shock and I walked to the bed, laying down under the sheets.

'It's Dream, your best friend.'

I nodded really slowly and I curled up. Dream started singing for me and after he finished the song, he looked at me.

'Can I lay next to you? I will keep you warm and keep you safe,' Dream said.

I nodded slightly and Dream laid down next to me, pulling the sheets over him. He wrapped his arms around me and let me rest my head on his chest. My ear was on the height of his heart so I felt his heart beating fast. I started calming down and I managed to fall asleep minutes later.

1034 words