Chapter 55- Car Ride

It had been a couple about 45 minutes. You fell asleep on Jungkook's lap and he rested his chin on your shoulder as he caressed your thigh. 

{Flashback..}

"Mom.. Why's dad hooked up to all these monitors?" You tugged on your mother's shirt. She turned away and buried her face in her hands. "Sweetie, come over her." Your father called for you, weakly. You sat beside him on his hospital bed. He held your hands. He coughed, wheezily. "Honey, I want you to promise me something." He started. You looked at him. "What is it, dad?" You asked. He wheezed whilst taking a deep breath. "I want you to promise me that you'll stay my happy girl." He said, weakly. "I'll be happy when you're all better, dad." You smiled. He patted your back. "I won't be here for much longer. I want you to take care of your mom, but more importantly.. I want you to take care of yourself and always smile." He said. Tears started forming in your eyes. "Promise me that you'll never leave me.." You cried. "I promise." He reached out for your pinky. You linked pinky fingers.

You're gonna be okay." You reassured him. He started coughing continuously. The doctors came running in as the heart monitor started beeping at a really high speed. "Sweetie, I'm going to have to ask you to go and wait in the waiting room." One of the doctors told you. "B-But my dad's sick." You told them. "Yes, I know. But If I'm going to help him, I need a little room to work with." He smiled at you. You hesitantly left the room. 

{1 Hour Later}

You went back into the room and saw your mom hugging your dad. You joined them. "Pinky promise." He extended his pinky finger. You smiled. "I pinky promise, dad.." You said with tears streaming down your face. He looked weak. He hugged you both once more. "R-Remember t-that I l-love you.." He whispered. The heart monitor went into one, continuous beep. "Dad..?! DADDY!" You cried in your mother's arms. The doctors came running into the room again. You and your mom were sent out of the room while they got the defibrillator ready.

"Clear!" The doctor shouted. You saw them electrocute him, trying to revive his heart. "Again! Clear!" They tried again, but no response. "What's the time, Laura?" The doctor asked. "It's 4:36 am, doc." A nurse answered. "DAD!" You cried whilst banging on glass barrier.

{Present day}

"DAD!" You woke up from your nightmare. "Baby, what's wrong?" Jungkook asked you, getting worried. "M-My dad!" You panicked. "Shh, shh.." He caressed your cheek. "N-No.. He promised me that he would never leave me.." Tears started streaming down your face. "Zaynah.. He may not be here with you right now.. But he is and always will be in your heart." Baekhyun pulled you in for a hug. Jungkook pulled you back towards him while scowling at him. "Hyung, let's stop here and get some air." He told Seokjin. He nodded and then told the driver to pull over. There was a field across the highway. 

Jungkook held your hand and pulled you to the side. He held your face and looked into your eyes. "Don't cry.. I don't like it when you cry." He said, softly. You sniffled and wiped your tears away. He kissed your cheek. You hugged him and stuffed your face in his hoodie. He heard your muffled cries. He picked you up, bridal style. "What's wrong?" He asked. "I saw my dad.." You managed to tell him. He sighed. 

He held your face with the other hand. You started shaking because neither of you had any balance. You held onto his chest for stability. He licked his lips. He leaned in and started kissing you. You kissed him back. You both closed your eyes and got more passionate. He lost track of reality so he stumbled back, causing both of you to fall on top of each other into a bush. "Ow.." You strained. He was on top of you.