Chapter 14- Back at school

"Hey!" My friends all shouted in unison once they saw that I had arrived. 

"Hi. What have we got first? I forgot my whole timetable." I asked them. 

"It's seems to be your lucky day.." Sana trails off.

"What do you mean. What do we have?" I asked. 

"Well.. You and Irene have science, and 2 of your stepbrothers are in your class." Wendy told me. 

"Well sh*t.." I said as my smile turned into a frown. 

"Oh, come on. It'll be fine. I'll be with you the whole time." Irene reassured me. 

"When has that ever made a difference..?" I asked, hopelessly. 

"She does have a point there.. But at least you won't be all alone. Mr Lee will be there and so will all the other classmates." Tzuyu reminded me. 

"I guess you're right. Let's go before I get a detention on my first day back." I chuckled as we all walked inside.

Irene and I walked inside the science class and most of the students were already seated. 

They were all talking until I walked inside. 

They stopped talking and stared at me. 

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to join the party." Jennie smirked as she chewed her pen. 

"Oh well, you haven't changed the slightest bit.." I mumbled. 

"I heard you were shot in the back. At least someone other than me has the urge to end your life."

"Well, I guess that makes 2 of us.. I wish to end myself and I wish I was joking." I muttered under my breath.

"Hurry up and do it then." She scoffed.

Mr Lee walked into the room. 

"Oh. Good morning Zaynah." He greeted me when he saw that I was back. 

"Hi Mr Lee.." I replied, trying not to make it awkward. 

"It's good that you're back, because we delayed the project work for until you got back. I was planning on continuing that work today, and here you are. What good timing!" He said while smiling. 

"Yeah.. That's just great.." I mumbled. 

Irene put her hand on my shoulder. 

"Just bear with it.. There's nothing he can do with everyone around. I'll ask Jackson if we can get a seat closer to you guys." She whispered and reassured me. 

I just sighed and nodded.

"Right class, get into your pairs." Mr Lee told everyone. 

I hesitantly got up and went over to an empty table, hoping no one would notice me. Jungkook threw his bag beside me and sat down in the seat next to me.

"Hey." He said as he looked at me. 

I didn't answer.

He sighed. 

"You're still mad at me..?" He asked, innocently. 

I ignored him and grabbed a piece of paper.