Chapter 2- The Announcement

I woke up the next morning looking like a mess. I got dressed and did my hair and makeup.

I went downstairs while putting on another fake smile and went to greet my mother.

"Good morning, sweetie!" My mother said as she put my breakfast on the table. 

"Good morning, mom." I replied. 

"How was your night?" She asked.

"It was good.." I said, trying to hide my pain.

"What did you think about your new step father and step brothers?" She asked.

  "They were..nice.." I answered.

"Your face says otherwise. You make it so obvious." She said, jokingly. 

"Why didn't you tell me that he has kids? Seven sons, who are older than me. Why did you hide such a big thing?" I asked her.

"I.. I didn't know how to tell you. We thought it would've been a lovely surprise. You've always wanted siblings." She told me.

"I did. I do, but not so many that are older than me.." I said, getting quieter. 

"I know this is a lot to take in, but I'm sure we'll become a happy and loving family over time." She tried to comfort me.

  "Yeah..Okay I'll see you after school mom. Goodbye." I said as I put my dishes in the sink and got my bag. 

"Bye, sweetie." She called out as I got to the door.

I start walking to school again and I feel a panic in my heart. I feel my heart beating so fast. I just can't get my head around the fact that I'm going to be the Parks' stepsister.. Every time I thought about it, was like I had just found out for the first time. Every time I thought about it, was like something had just hit my head and knocked some sense into me each time.

I finally make it to school 20 minutes later. I was walking slower because I felt like I was going to be sick the whole time.

"Zaynah! Why didn't you text us?" Sana asked.

"Zaynah? Are you alright? You look sick..?" Irene said as she came towards me, concerned. 

"I'm fine.." I said, trying to put them at ease.

"You don't look it.. what's wrong?" Tzuyu asks me.

"Did something happen last night? Is that why you didn't text us, like you said you would?" Wendy asks.

"I have stepbrothers.." I told them, hesitantly.

"Well, that's a good thing since you've always wanted siblings, right?!" Irene asks, confused.

"Yeah.. if Namjoon, Seokjin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook weren't my stepbrothers, it would've been great.." I tell them as I almost burst into tears.

 "WHAT?!" They all screamed in unison.

"The Parks are your freaking stepbrothers?!" Tzuyu yelled in question.