Chapter 67- Happy Birthday!!

"Do you know what day it is tomorrow?" Jungkook asked. "Uh.. Friday?" You asked. "Well, this Friday is about to me the best one you've ever had." He said as he put his clothes on. "And why's that?" You asked him, curiously. He came and sat beside you. He put his arm around you and pulled you closer.

"It's your birthday, remember?" He finally said. Your eyes widened. "Wow.. I didn't know you would remember.." You said, quietly. He chuckled. "Why wouldn't I? I told you that you were my everything, so it was kind of my duty to remember." He said. You smiled at him. "So what do you wanna do for your birthday?" He asked as he turned to face you.

"Lay in my bed all day and watch Netflix." You answered, honestly. "We could do that, but we could also go on a little dinner date." He suggested. "Hm.. Okay!" You agreed. He kissed your cheek. "I still think that you should call me Oppa, though." He said. "Keep dreaming, bunny boy." You teased him.

"Zaynah! Jungkook! Come down for dinner!" Your mom called for you from downstairs. You both stood up. He held your hand and pulled you towards him. "Is it time for a kiss?" He asked as he winked at you. "Uh, maybe later." You said as you pulled away and headed for the door. "Wait!" He called out for you. You looked back at him. "Stay close to me.." He told you. You nodded and did as he said as you opened the door.

You headed down to the dining table, where everyone else was waiting for you. Coincidentally the only available seats were between Jimin. You reluctantly sat down and Jungkook sat beside you. It wasn't like he was going to do anything with your parents and his brothers around. "Sweetheart, I heard that tomorrow is your 17th birthday!" Your stepfather exclaimed, happily. You smiled at him and nodded. "Yeah, it is." You told him.

"What do you want to do? Just name it and we'll get it done." He told you. You pretended to look like you were thinking about it. "I don't really know if I'm being honest with you." You told him. "Well, how about we all go for a family dinner in honor of the birthday girl." He suggested. "I think that's a wonderful idea, babe." Your mother agreed. You forced a fake smile on your face, because you really wanted to go on a dinner date with Jungkook, but it looks like that's not going to be happening any time soon.

Your stepfather's phone started ringing. "Oh, I have to take this. Excuse me." He said as he left the room. "I'm going to go and check on the food." Your mom said as she also left. You gulped. It was pin-drop silent for a couple of moments.

"Zaynah, why didn't you tell us sooner that it was your birthday?!" Hoseok asked as he broke the silence. You gave him an awkward smile. "Well it's a good thing that I already knew." He said. You raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" You asked. "We all have our ways, Zaynah." Seokjin told you. You smiled at them. Dinner came and so did your mom and stepdad. You all talked and ate. You yawned. "I'm going to bed now, goodnight!" You said as you stood up and left to go to your room.

You closed the door, did your nighttime routine and went to bed.

—The next morning—

You woke up the next morning and got ready. You were brushing your hair when someone let himself into your room. "Good morning, baby," Jungkook said as he closed the door behind him. "Good morning." You answered. He came behind you and covered your eyes. "Happy birthday, princess." He whispered into your ear. You smiled. "Thank you." You said. He took your hand and stood you up.

"I got you a little something." He said. "Oh, you didn't have to." You told him, shyly. "But, I did." He said, softly. He took out a box from his pocket.