chapter twenty-eight

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

( MADAM POMFREY.. )

     As Ella collapsed into his arms, James was quick to pull her closer. A few of their friends weren't stood too far away but they all knew what had happened. James let one hand support her body while he lifted her face up. The tears streaked her cheeks but no noise escaped her lips despite how her body shook. He knew what happened and leant forward. He rested his forehead against hers and took out his wand.

     "Sonorous," He whispered softly and Ella could suddenly be heard. The sobs escaping her lips were unavoidable as she gripped onto James' body. His frown only deepened as he allowed her to climb to him. His hands staying around her as he whispered sweet nothings to her. The Slytherins at the top of the stairs but with a glare from Sirius and a shout from Kalia, the group seemed to walk off. Ella walked the last few steps down as she held onto James.

     Her cheeks were red and puffy as her sobs slowly died down. Her hands coming up to rub the tears from her cheeks. Layla was frowning as she watched Ella before pulling her into a hug. Her arms wrapping tightly around her, keeping her close. Ella relaxed in Layla's arms and let her eyes close. The comfort from Layla was always immense. She felt safe with Layla.

     "What happened?" Layla asked as she pulled back. Ella's eyes were still red and puffy but she at least looked a little better. Her arms were still covered in scratches and marks from her step-mother but they would be easy to take care of. James or Remus knew the healing charms and they didn't have to go to Madam Pomfrey. But then the idea came to Ella's head. Maybe going to Madam Pomfrey was a good idea. It would give her a source to back up the marks. It could mean that if they did go to Dumbledore, it wouldn't be her word against the teachers.

     "We should go to Madam Pomfrey," Ella said, ignoring Layla's question. The whole group seemed confused by her suggestion and then she gestured to her arms that were covered in scratches, "This was Professor Landon. If Madam Pomfrey has seen them and treats them, it won't just be my word against Professor Landon's," Ella explained. James nodded and Remus seemed to agree as he watched her.

     "I don't know, El," Layla said hesitantly but Ella shook her head. She had to go. She needed to go to Madam Pomfrey. It couldn't be a secret among the nine of them anymore. An adult needed to know, an adult that wasn't her coward father. People needed to know and that would start with Madam Pomfrey.

     "I can't rely on James or Remus to heal me. I need to go. You guys can go to class but I need to go there," Ella said as she adjusted the satchel over her shoulder. James then crossed to her side and reached out to take her hand. He wasn't going to let her go alone it seemed.

     "Guess it's my duty to tell them you're at the hospital wing?" Sirius asked, cocking an eyebrow. James nodded, sending him a small smirk. Remus then leant down and pressed a soft kiss to Kalia's lips. A small smile spreading across her face before they said goodbye. It seemed Remus was coming with them too. The trio then said goodbye to the group before heading off.