chapter one

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE.
( JOURNEY HOME.. )

     The start of a new school year had always been exciting and nerve-wracking for Ella. This one was a little different, however, since she had spent most of the summer sleeping with her best-childhood friend who was the main reason she ended up in Gryffindor house. Now, they were both sat on the Hogwarts Express with at least half an hour before it was meant to depart from the station. The turn of events was something that Ella Woods and James Potter had found rather unamusing and frustrating but like everything, they were making the best out of a bad situation.

      The two were sat across from each other in the carriage, trading kicks with each other. The kicks were in no way harsh but they were trying their best to amuse themselves with the little game. The first one to make a noise would be the one that lost and of course, it had been Ella. He always got overly competitive with it and she ended up booting his shin in retaliation which only got her a pout from the Potter. She scoffed at him and then moved to sit next to him instead.

     "Look at 'em, talking like they have nothin' better to do," Ella muttered, narrowing her eyes as she watched her mother and Euphemia talk across the station. Ella's Mancunian accent had become more prominent over the summer despite spending most of the time with James and his family who were considerably posher than Ella was. Her mother, Margaret, was holding Ella's cat - Molly - and even though they were supposed to be leaving to attend to the business they had in London, they had yet to leave or give Molly back to the brunette.

     "At least Molly's not here," He smirked and Ella was quick to smack his head. It was a little awkward due to their close proximity and the height difference but she managed. He even let out a groan at how hard she hit him. But as she did so, her mother looked up from her conversation with Euphemia. The look on her face was not one of amusement and Ella groaned. She looked at James with a playful glare before getting up.

     "I'm goin' to get Mol." Ella said before she pulled the door to the carriage open. She then walked down the corridor to the end of the carriage. Once she'd reached the door onto the platform, she came face-to-face with her mother. Placing Molly into the brunette's arms, she was about to begin a lecture when James appeared. A cocky smile on his lips. Margaret quickly dropped the lecture and instead smiled at James. After a curt farewell, she left. Leaving the pair alone again. Molly now content in Ella's arms.

     "The little furball is here. Wonderful," James said as he stroked the cat. His hand scratching the cats cheek who purred in response to the affection. Ella couldn't help but grin at James. He pretended to hate Molly but even then the adoration was still evident when they were together. James let his hand drop after a moment and then gestured to the sweet trolley, quirking his eyebrow.

     "We aren't stealing 'em. Come on, cough up, you're paying for gettin' me in trouble," Ella quickly said as she turned around to face it. James gave her a small pout before he gave in. He then walked over to the trolley and picked up everything he wanted from it. Ella picking up a few extras, pocketing the chocolate frogs in her cardigan. James then placed the money in the empty register, smiling at Ella before the two of them headed back to their compartment.