chapter twenty-four

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR( CHANGES

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
( CHANGES.. )

     Ella didn't get to see James and the boy didn't know how to approach her quite yet. He believed her wholeheartedly but with exam stress, quidditch and doing pranks again, time slipped through his fingers. Neither of them knew how to talk to each other but between longing stares and heartache, they wanted to just see each other. Ella just wanted to be with him so when she heard he had Quidditch practice right after school, she knew she had to watch.

     She had some homework to do and hopefully she could catch him after practice if she was lucky enough. They could try and talk and Ella could really explain what happened without being a babbling unsure mess. She could just tell James the truth in the messiest but best way she could. It would help, her exam stress had come back ten times harder when first period came and she needed to talk to someone who could help her relax. Someone other than the girls.

     As she sat on the bleachers, Ella didn't even realise that James had been watching her. She was in one of his school jumpers - unbeknownst to her - and James couldn't help but find that cute. It was a little distracting when he was supposed to be focusing on Quidditch but he couldn't be angry at her. He just wanted to be around her and that was what he was doing.

     Ella tried not to let herself get too distracted from the notes she was making but she couldn't help herself. The commanding way he directed the team made Ella weak at the knees. The precision and focus he had on Quidditch was beyond anything she could understand. His smiles, hugs, kisses and cuddles were everything she needed at this point. With her father still looming over her - though a little more subtle now - and all the stress from exams, he was exactly what she needed. Her best friend and the boy she had never appreciated enough but now she wanted to in every way he would let her.

     He was the only boy that could save her from the inner turmoil and he was the only boy she would ever love. She was sure of that. Whatever Sirius thought she knew wasn't true. His thoughts were probably muddled since he was drunk and had been smoking so she didn't entirely believe a word he said. She just hoped that James would still have her, still loved her.

     Ella eventually found herself immersed in her note writing, time flying as she wrote contently. Trying her best to get everything done for the lesson the next day. She had left it very last minute but she knew that she would had the time now. She was only pulled out of her daze when she noticed large droplets on her textbook and quickly realised it was raining.

     She flicked her gaze up to find the team wasn't on the field anymore. Her eyes widened and she looked down at the ink already smudging across the page. A panicked gasp escaping her lips as she slammed it shut. Her hand reaching out for the inkpot, closing it and looking around before realising she had no coat. A soft groan leaving her lips.

     Her notes were about to get ruined until a coat dropped into her hands. The looming shadow of James making her grin and she was quick to bundle up her textbook with the coat before she stood up. Her hair already beginning to stick to her scalp as the rain got heavier. Rain dripping down James' nose as he offered a hand out to her.