chapter nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN.
( M'JUST TIRED.. )

     Ella had managed to survive through another lesson of Astronomy and with James talking to her again, it seemed to pass in the blink of an eye. Something Ella was at least thankful for but she hadn't finished the work. James distracting her basically the whole time as she tried her best to write. This led to Ella having to continue her work even after class was over.

     James staying with her and leaning against the railing as she checked through her telescope. The rest of the class had filed out by now, the Professor telling them to finish up quickly before leaving. Ella nodded and the Professor left. Ella was a prefect and James was Head Boy. There was no reason not to trust them really.

     "Are you almost done?" James asked as he leant forward. Ella let out a 'uh-huh' in reply, continuing with her sketching. James then proceeded to stand up and headed towards the secret stash. He grabbed the cigarette box and moved to sit down. He clearly needed to de-stress as much as Ella did. The brunette glanced over, giving him a disapproving glance.

     "You need to be careful with them," Ella muttered as she looked back through the telescope. She then finished her sketch. Grinning now it was finished, she let her fingers skim across it before she seemed satisfied. Rolling her parchment up and sliding it back into her bag. James was still holding the cigarette box but had yet to actually open it. He seemed to be thinking.

     "Yes, mother," James rolled his eyes, deciding against using them and instead, placing them down on the balcony. Ella scoffed at his words and began to disassemble her telescope, gently shaking her head.

     "Don't call me your mother," Ella muttered as she continued with her disassembling. Always finding it easier than putting together, cautiously but quickly putting it away. If she was completely honest, she just wanted to get to her dorm and go to sleep. She was exhausted and had been all day. This was her last commitment.

     "You seemed to enjoy calling me daddy," James smirked and Ella lifted her head up. She threw her empty ink pot at him and he snorted at her reaction. Managing to catch the ink pot before it actually hit him. Ella was huffing as she attempted to placed the bits of her telescope away now she was done.

     "Shut it, you enjoyed it," She muttered. James chuckled softly and crawled over to her. Ella frowning as she tried to take it apart. A particular part of it not wanting to disassemble or go into the box it seemed. James watched her as she grew more frustrated before he held his hand out to stop her. A breath escaping her lips.

     "Calm down. You're fine," He said softly as he looked up at her. Ella lifted her head up to meet his gaze and found her lips inches from his. Every part of her was telling her to just lean forward. He had kissed her a few weeks ago. This would be no different. She could just do it but Ella knew better. Instead, she pulled back away from him. Standing up. Her hands were shaking and she could feel the stress overwhelming her. She was exhausted.