chapter two

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO.
( JAMES.. )

     It wasn't hard for Ella to get back into the routine of being back at school. Despite James and his ridiculous sleeping habits, she managed to get a grasp on her schedule pretty easily. Her body was always exhausted from the day at Hogwarts. She was usually used to the stairs and the corridors and the walking but James had took her out of the habit of real exercise.

     But she didn't let that effect her as she stood in front of the mirror ready for a new school day. The other three dorm-mates had already gone and Layla was nearly ready for the day too now. She just had to brush her teeth which she did so, joining Ella who was doing the same activity.

     "I don't know how you still sleep so early and wake up at 4am after the summer holidays," Layla said as she picked up her toothbrush from the pot. She then squirted some toothpaste onto it as Ella leant down and spat what was into her mouth down the plug. She shrugged in response as she briefly wet her brush before putting it back into her mouth before stopping and pulling away.

     "I'm just used to it. Even with James' awful schedule," Ella shrugged before she continued to brush. James had become the hot topic between the pair as the school year had started. Ella had no intentions to admit James what her true feelings were and Layla kept trying to convince her. It was slowly becoming frustrating for Ella but she knew Layla only wanted the best for her. Nevertheless, Ella just wanted to be happy even if she couldn't have James for long. She wanted to be able to relish in it, now all she felt was guilt as she looked at him.

     "You need to tell him," Layla said as she pulled her toothbrush out of her mouth. Speaking oddly due to her mouth being full of toothpaste. Ella rolled her eyes and continued to brush before Layla spat hers out and ran the tap again, "He deserves to know, El. Deceiving him is far too Slytherin for you," Layla added before she went back in to brush her teeth again. Ella gave her friend a side glare before spitting her tooth-paste out and washing the leftover off her brush.

     "I'm nothin' like 'em. I'm being selfish but I don't see the problem with it. Who am I actually harmin'?" Ella asked before she splashed her face with the cold water. Her eyes squeezing shut since she didn't expect it really. She then grabbed her flannel and gently dabbed the water off her skin. Layla spitting her toothpaste out and responding quickly.

     "You're going to harm him and yourself when the time comes that he breaks it off. You're being self-destructive," Layla responded as she placed the toothbrush in the holder. She then gave her friend a small smile before going to pick up her wand from the bedroom. Ella muttered something under her breath before rubbing the moisturiser on her face. Her hair was still damp from her bath the previous night and it seemed to be showing no signs of getting drier.

     "Can you do the dryin' spell?" Ella asked, a small pout on her lips as she walked over to her friend. Layla sighed and picked up her wand before turning around. The pout made the girl give in. Muttering the incantation and tapping Ella's hair. It was then perfectly dry, leaving the girl smiling again, "See, I look perfect now. Thank you," Ella grinned. She was not a vain person but she did love using the drying spell. It always left her hair looking luscious, shiny and gorgeous. She was sure it was just Layla's casting that did it though.