chapter twenty-two

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.
( MAKING-UP AND MAKING-OUT.. )

     Ella walked up to the door of the boy's dorm and she lifted her hand, going to knock on the door but she paused. Was she really going to bother James with her issues? It felt wrong to do that, they had barely spoken and now she was going to ask him for help. It felt wrong and so she dropped her head. Lily was wrong, he didn't want to see her.

     But before she could walk away, the door to the dorm flew open and James was stood in the doorway. A hopeful look on his face but when he saw Ella, his face fell. Not because it was her but because of the state she was in. Tears were staining her cheeks and the bruise that was already forming on her cheek instantly made him concerned.

     "Ella, come in, please," James said quickly as they met gazes. The brunette fumbled for a moment, staring down at her hands before she nodded. She stepped into the dorm and James closed the door behind them. He then rushed to his bed and opened the curtains nearby, sliding the Marauders Map back into the drawer. He then gestured for her to come over.

     "I don't need to sit, James. M'fine, really," Ella said softly as she smiled at him. Attempting to just act fine even if being in the same room as him made her heart thump against her chest. The concern on his face made her heart melt and the way he looked at her made her want to just be with him. The feeling was often overwhelmingly when he was around.

     "I need to heal your face," James said gesturing to it. Ella stared down at the floor again before she sighed. He was right, that's why she was here but she couldn't help feel awkward and unsure. She had regularly came into this room with no problem but after the week she'd had, everything felt wrong and odd. Ella then walked over to him, her steps cautious and she tentatively sat on the bed.

     "M'sorry. I never let you finish speaking," Ella muttered as she stared down at her hands. James shook his head and grabbed the stool from across the room. He placed it in front of her and sat down, keeping far enough away so that they didn't knock knees. He didn't know what she would be comfortable with. He was worried about doing something wrong.

     "It's fine, Ella. Just tell me what happened," He said softly. Ella shook her head, her frown deepening more at the request. She couldn't tell anyone what had happened. It would risk her father's position, her teacher's position and whatever Professor Landon had done, she was still Ella's teacher. A wonderful teacher that had got her the best grades in this class. She couldn't throw that away due to one incident, it was... wrong.

     James nodded a little at her lack of response. He found it understandable that she didn't want to talk to him. They'd barely said anything to each other for the past week but he couldn't say it didn't hurt. Even just a little bit. He then had to shuffle a little closer to her and he brought out his wand. He tapped her bruised cheek twice and muttered the spell which within a second had healed the bruise. James placed his wand back on the side and watched Ella.