chapter fourteen

     The weekend came quickly and between classes and everything else going on. Ella and Layla had barely any time to just talk amongst themselves. That was until the weekend. Lots of the students had already headed off to Hogsmeade for the weekend trip but Ella had decided to stay behind. Her and Layla lying in their dorm, doing nothing in particular.

     "We never did get to talk about you and Lily," Ella muttered as she rolled over to face the girl. Layla had a book out and had been doing some peaceful studying until that question. Layla looked over and tilted her head slightly. She was just unsure where Ella was going with this but was curious nonetheless, "You said you had feelin's for 'er?" Ella asked after a moment. Layla nodded slowly before closing her book.

     "Uh, yeah. I guess so. I just realised how much I liked being around her," Layla muttered as she adjusted. Her fingers messing with the edge of the book. Clear signs to Ella of the anxious feelings so Ella crawled off the bed and moved to sit in front of Layla, "She's just so gorgeous," She added after a moment. Ella grinned.

     "We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to but just know I'd accept you whatever your feelings," Ella said as she reached her hands out to take Layla's. The brunette was reluctant to let Ella hold her hands but eventually did. The two of them just sitting there, comfortable before Layla let the smile spread across her face. If she being totally honest, she was terrified of what Ella would say or react. Many people would not be so accepting but it seemed Ella didn't even care.

     "I don't even know my feelings for Lily so talk to me about James or your dad or something. I want to try and help, we've barely spoken," Layla said as she picked up a book and discarded it on the bedside table. Ella then decided to lie down on the bed, moving next to Layla. The fringed-girl joining her side as they stared up at the ceiling.

     "Don't get me started on either of 'em, honestly," Ella muttered as she let her eyes close. A soft chuckle escaping her lips, "But I stood up to my father. That tosser thought I'd just accept him love. The delusional wanker," Ella said as she opened her eyes to look to Layla. Her smile had appeared and she seemed to be suppressing a laugh, the corners of her eyes crinkled, "What?" Ella asked, a small pout on her lips. Layla chuckled softly.

     "The imagine of you shouting at him is just amusing. You're tiny compared to him," Layla smiled widely. Ella rolled her eyes and whacked her friend on the arm for her words. She wasn't that small compared to her father. It was a few inches, if that.

     "I am not," Ella muttered before she let her arm rest over her face. A soft huff escaping her lips. Layla sighed softly and rolled onto her side, pulling Ella's arms away.

     "You're not usually this down. Is it because of James?" Layla asked softly as she hugged her friend's arm close to her. Ella sighed softly and nodded, the tears pricking her eyes at the mention of the boy. It just made Ella's heartache, losing him was like losing a part of her. She felt incomplete without his stupid smiles, "Come on, don't cry. Hey," Layla quickly said, moving to pull Ella closer. Tears falling down Ella's cheeks but she was quick to just wrap her arms around Layla, sighing softly, "Talk to me about it," Layla whispered softly, wanting her friend to open up a bit more. If they could talk it through, Layla was hoping Ella could find a way to move on.