chapter three

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE.
( HIDDEN LOVE.. )

     Ella was in the common room. Hiding out like she did most nights. The girls of her dorm were having a girly night and Ella did not feel like joining in. Preferring to read than gossip over boys that she didn't care about. Layla didn't have prefect patrol that night either and though they were going to spend it together, the girl's night had taken over. Causing Ella to quickly evacuate.

     So, now she sat next to the fire on the sofa. Her blanket over her shoulder and her copy of Jane Eyre in her lap. It was a battered copy of the book that she had gotten for her 11th birthday but she loved it far too much to replace it. The worn spine making the title almost unreadable. It was a clearly well loved book but was not Ella's favourite.

     The story was interesting enough and the writing was nice but often overly descriptive to a boring extent. Ella loved the classics but sometimes it took her months to even get through one book. She much preferred the works of Tolkien or King. Though she was never a fan of horror before, Stephen King had her hooked and she adored the stories she read even if they scared her half to death.

     Either way, she was trying to get through Jane Eyre. It was one she had been desperate to reread and as she sat, she heard footsteps from the boy's dorms. The noise against the stairs causing her to look up. A exasperated Remus appearing with a small frown on his face. He ran his fingers through his hair, muttering about Prongs being an idiot before he noticed Ella.

     "You shouldn't be up," He commented as he paused by the fireplace. Ella used her finger as a bookmark, closing it and looking up at him. She knew she should be in bed but she much preferred to keep read on some nights. It wasn't like it made her wake up any later. She was always an early bird. It made her sleep deprived but she was used to that now. It had become pretty natural to her to not always sleep the best.

      "And you should be on your duty," Ella said smiling overly sweetly at him. He rolled his eyes in response and then approached, curious about the book. He noticed the name and seemed confused before realising that it was one of Ella's muggle books that he hadn't ever laid his eyes on.

     "I'm going to duty but you're going to be sleep-deprived tomorrow if you don't go up," He reminded. Ella shrugged in response. Not really caring all that much. She knew it was a bad habit to get into especially for her but she had easily slipped into sleep at 9pm the first night back. It wasn't hard for her to adjust her sleep schedule. That was mostly due to her own magic but it didn't entirely matter to her.

     "I'll finish this chapter and then go up? Would that satisfy you, Lupin?" She asked, cocking an eyebrow. Her head tilting up a little to meet his gaze. He thought it through for a moment. The silence spreading between them before he let out a huff and shrugged. He knew that she was stubborn so really there would be no way to convince her to do what he wanted. She would be set in her beliefs until they ended up hurting her in one way or another.