thirty-five ↪ that time we kept a low profile

"What?" I lingered my eyes on the boy sitting cross-legged in front of me. The look on his face was very serious, he was seriously suggesting we go to his flat in Sutton Coldfield for a couple of days.

"I've been meaning to move over there for a while now and, well, I just thought..." Bradley's soft cheeks tinted a slight shade of pink. "...you could tag along for a couple of days"

I seriously considered his offer and gave it a careful thought. Sutton was just about a little too far from my workplace, which meant I would've had to wake up even earlier. Were there even busses before six in the morning? Trains? Anything at all? Honestly? I couldn't care any less.

"You don't have to answer right away" Bradley interrupted my flow of unhealthy thoughts. "We still have two more days until your dad leaves"

I thoughtfully bit the inside of my cheek with a nod, my eyes boring into his brown ones. "Okay"

Despite it being late at night, the boy shoved a purple hoodie over his head, slid back into his tight black jeans, and wore his worn-out sneakers. I collected my items and silently made my way to the door, trying not to wake Tristan, who had uncomfortably fallen asleep on the couch. The ride to my flat was silent. I was tired, still a bit shaken up over the events of the night, but also giddy over my time with him. The boy pulled his car in front of my building and stopped.

"You're sure you're going to be okay?" Bradley heavily sighed. "I still think it'd be better if you stayed with me"

I shifted in my seat and gazed into his eyes, under which were heavy bags almost covering the faded freckles on his nose. His hair was ruffled, locks of curls messily hanging by his forehead. He looked genuinely tired, worried, definitely still angry, but also content. I stuck my hand out and gently caressed his scalp, my fingers twirling around the ends of his curls. Despite the fact that he wasn't looking his best, I couldn't help but stare in awe at his unique facial features. A brief smile appeared on Brad's lips, it didn't quite reach his eyes but it did look genuine. "God, I love that look on your face"

I pulled him towards me, bringing our lips closer. "Mmh?"

"The way you look at me" he continued, his glossy eyes lingering into my own. "It keeps me up at night"

A beaming smile approached my lips as I pressed a soft kiss on his. I had to reassure the boy countless times before I was finally allowed to get out of the car. I closed the door and kneeled over the open window. "I'll be just fine, B. Drive safe"

"Can I call you when I get back?" Brad asked with a sparkle in his eyes. I suppressed a toothy grin and waved as I stepped away. I was so gone.

.

"I swear I'll punch him in the bloody throat!" Kirstie was utterly fuming.

At that point, everyone was feeling guilty and stressed about the events of the night before. It was no one's fault really, just Wells'. That morning, I had woken up with the smell of coffee my dad was brewing. I wasn't quite sure whether I should've told him about what happened. We'd had breakfast together, chit-chatting about how he thought I needed a car and a better job. No arguments from me on that. Before leaving the house for lunch with the girls, I had e-mailed Kendra, asking her if I could work from home at least for the upcoming week.

"Girls, it's okay, let's not talk about it" I distractedly grabbed my fork and stabbed the poor chips in my plate. I couldn't stop thinking about Bradley's hands on me, the way his touch made me feel and how I wanted to do it again. God, Paige, really? My cheeks flushed hot at the only thought of being that close to him, his breaths fanning my face and his soft warm touch on my skin. Ohmygod! Stop it!