thirty-four ↪ that time we kept the biggest secret

I texted my dad and let him know I was safe and sound with Bradley, avoiding to tell him what had happened with Wells. I didn't want him to fly back home in two days feeling like I wasn't safe in Birmingham anymore. I couldn't say how safe I felt with B, he would've freaked out for sure. Back to his house, the boy ushered me inside and locked the door behind us. I scanned my surroundings while he opened some windows here and there. I wasn't one bit expecting such a cosy, warm, and welcoming space at all. On my left was a modest kitchen, a keyboard and some notes and paper on the island counter. On my right, was the living room; on the sofa were two acoustic guitars, a drum pad, and a laptop computer. A line of purple LED lights hung by the ceiling, giving me the same comfy vibes as the pile of fleece blankets folded on the coffee table.

"This way" Bradley gently grabbed my hand and lead me into the narrow corridor, opening the last door on the left.

His bedroom was incredibly and surprisingly tidy. It didn't smell like feet and sweat like Nat and the girls had warned me at least a hundred times. It actually smelled like vanilla and, well, him. I took a few steps in and stared in awe at all the details. The music posters, all the awards the band won, gig posters, Marvel funko pops. The upper shelf of his desk was full of books, DVDs, and CDs. "Are you hungry?" Brad's voice brought me back, again. I shook my head no and made my way to the bed, smiling at his warm-looking sheets.

The boy left the room for a solid five minutes and came back with a bag of crisps and two glasses of water. He closed the door shut behind us and plopped on the bed, motioning me to do the same and join him. "Thank you, this is nice" I quietly spoke.

In a smooth movement, Brad's arms were wrapped tightly around me. He pulled me to him, my back bumping into his chest as we sat against the bed frame. He rested his chin in the crook of my neck, sending warm tingles on my skin. "I like you here, I've been wanting you to come over for so long"

I instantly smiled. "I like it here"

I could feel his lips curving up into a smile against my skin. "Good, 'cause I want you around until you get sick of me"

I think I'm in love with you. Those words kept echoing in my head over and over again like a broken record. After we'd been once again abruptly interrupted, I hadn't got the chance to answer such a  heartfelt confession. I did have strong feelings for the boy, that's for sure. Were we at that stage though? Blurting out our feelings to each other just like that? Confessing our love for each other?

 "Hey now, I lost you for a moment there" Bradley said laughingly.

I shifted from my position a little so I could face him and found myself smiling more than I thought I would. I let my gaze drop to his lips, those soft and warm lips I was dying to taste again. However, the boy playfully rolled his eyes and shifted away from me and off the bed, taking steps in the light switch's direction, depriving me of that warmth I didn't know I needed before. The lights went off, the only source of lighting was now the TV screen and the couple of table lamps on each bedside table. My eyes followed Bradley's movements as he grabbed the remote and played a sappy rom-com out of one of his monthly subscription's stream app. In a matter of seconds, the boy climbed back on the mattress and resumed his cuddly position, his warm long arms tightly wrapped around my whole figure as he pressed my back to his chest.

The way he embraced me was heartwarming and genuinely the best feeling in the world. I laid my head back on his shoulder and took in his scent. The movie was playing in the background and, in all honesty, I couldn't care less. I allowed my eyes to close and savoured the moment — just being there in his arms, just me and him and no one else. I felt Brad's head shifting closer until he pressed his lips in the crook of my neck, warm short breaths of his were making me feel things and I'm sure he could feel me shaking under his touch. He softly and very slowly trailed kisses down my neck, the only part of my skin that was showing, sending shivers up and down my spine. I helplessly let out a whimper, enjoying his warmth way too much at that point.