twenty ↪ that time I felt incredibly tipsy

I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. I replayed it in my head over and over again, definitely an unhealthy amount of times. The way his soft lips felt on my own, the taste of him, his scent all over me. The more I tried not to think about it, the more I failed.

"Earth to Paigey" Brad's voice snapped me out of my daydreams. He waved a few inches away from my face, a smile plastered on his lips. Those lips.

I shot my eyes up. "Mmh?"

"You left me for a bit, ay" he softly chuckled. "Twenty more minutes and we're off"

My computer froze for the billionth time that day and, honestly, I was so done. Brad and I had been in that office for hours, I felt so bad. I may have told him at least eighty times how he could leave early but he kept on insisting he had to stay. He didn't have to.

"You know what? Let's just leave" I stood up from my chair and turned off both the computer and the printer.

"What?" Bradley laughed, not one bit taking me seriously. His eyebrow slid up and his face contorted when he noticed I wasn't joking. I packed all my personal items in my bag and walked away, turning off each and every light of other offices.

"We're going, I'm done"

"Wait, are you serious?" Brad unsurely stood up from his chair, pictures in his hands, and stared at me.

I collected all the pages we printed in a folder and left it on my desk. Brad stood there, carefully studying my every movement until I was done. I walked past him towards the elevator and spun around. "So are you coming or not?"

"Ah, shit, hold on" he excitedly collected his personal items such as his phone, car keys, and glasses.

The elevator doors closed, confining the two of us inside. The sudden silence wasn't too uncomfortable but, again, my mind drifted to the kiss. I wondered if he had at least once thought about it in the past few hours. I felt incredibly anxious for some reason, my left foot nervously tapping against the squared metallic tile, waiting for the little number displayed on top of the closed doors to become 0. "Your hair looks nice today" Bradley randomly blurted out, shutting down my loud overthinking session.

I shot my eyes up and looked at him. His gaze met mine for a brief second before he looked back ahead. "Thank you."

He distractedly nodded, still not looking at me. I bit my lip and thought about what to say next. "I mean it. Thank you for.., you know, getting stuck with me on this very boring day"

"It's been nice" he shrugged.

I could sense there was something that was bugging him but I couldn't tell what it was. He suddenly looked tense, rubbing both his hands up and down his thighs. I faced him concerned and scanned his face. "Brad, is everything okay?"

Bradley spun to face me and, before I knew it, he pinned me against the cab's panel. His short breaths blew warm air on my face when he placed his forehead on mine. He was so close I could feel his nose brushing against my own. My chest went up and down as I panted, taken aback by such a sudden move. "I can't stop thinking about that kiss"

His voice drastically softened as he spoke so close to my face. For the second time that day, I felt weak to my knees. My heart was beating at an unhealthy rate, threatening to jump out of my chest soon. Truth is, I was dying to feel his lips on my own again. It's all I had been thinking about all day. I felt a sudden unfamiliar rush of boldness take over me. "Do something about it then"

Brad's chestnut eyes glossed at the sound of my words, visibly taken back by my response like he wasn't one bit expecting me to agree to that. What a fool. This time, he went slow. He flickered his gaze between my eyes and lips and slowly leaned in. I soon felt the pressure and desperately gave in to the kiss right away, pulling him impossibly closer by rushing my hand through his locks of curls. This new feeling wrapped me up for good. It made me feel a little tipsy, and giddy for sure. Both our phones went off at the same time, buzzing each in our own pockets. Brad slowly pulled back, his eyes glued on me as he slid his phone out of his pocket and picked up the call without even bothering to know who it was.

"Hello? (...) can I ring you back? I'm in the middle of something right now" his gaze never for a second left my lips as he licked his own, eager to resume what he started. If I had some strength left in me, I would've rolled my eyes at him. For as much as I was craving a billion other kisses, I wiggled away from him and picked up my own phone.

"Eh, moment's gone. Thanks a lot, mate" I heard Brad say before I pressed the green headset symbol on my screen.

"Hello?" I shakily answered like I had been caught doing something I shouldn't have been doing.

There was a short silence before Kirstie giggled on the other side of the line. "Ah, she's alive!"

I rolled my eyes and snorted. "Yes, what about it?"

"What about it?? First of all, shut up! Why didn't you tell us you spent the whole day with Brad?!"

I eyed Bradley for a moment, his eyebrows were up as he could hear both the girls yelling on the other side of the phone. I shrugged with a small smile. "What did you guys do?!" Kirstie went on without letting me talk. "You need to tell us everything! Did you kick Taylor?! Please say yes! Do you have videos of it?! Just talk already!"

I laughed at her excitement and couldn't help feeling it as well. "I would if you'd let me"

Bradley suddenly made his way back to me and, again, pinned me against the cab's panel with his own body. He intensely bored his eyes into my own and mouthed "Hang up"

"Hold on, is that Brad?! You're still with him?! Why does he want you to hang-" the line abruptly went down, interrupting Kirstie's rambling.