Slow Mornings

Go to this link for the song: Insomniac- Memo Boy (slowed)
*on SoundCloud*
__

Your eyes fluttered open, as the sun reached out to you. Your eye lids where still heavy as you lifted your head from his chest. Dazai was still asleep however. His wavy, dark brown hair, splattered on his pillow. It made sense that he would want to sleep in, you were both up late at the ADA the night before.
Dazai was always one to push off his work until the last moment, and that's what he had done. He had some papers that needed to be signed for today, that he was given a week beforehand. Kunikida would be upset with Dazai if he didn't finish signing the papers.

So, Dazai had stayed up a majority of the night trying to get his work done. He just didn't have the energy to be yelled it. You had stayed at the office with him, making sure that he was ok. You also had somethings to work on so you didn't mind staying back longer. Dazai on the other hand wanted you to go back home and get some sleep, though it was mostly him who needed the sleep.

You refused and stayed longer with him, not wanting to leave him alone there. You knew that he hated being alone, yet he still whined for you to go home and get some sleep. He soon had given up, and sat down to do his work. Finishing around 2 in the morning.

It was now around 9 am, and you were both still in bed. A little bit of sun beamed down on Dazai's face as you kissed his cheek.

"I'm going to make some tea." You whispered tucking his hair behind his ear. Dazai looked as if he was sound asleep, but a small curl of his lips said otherwise. You smiled and began to stand up, but were pulled back to bed in a swift movement.

"No. I don't want tea." He pulled you closer than before. He laid his head back down on the pillow, big spooning you. "I just want sleep." He mumbled, resting his breathing pace again.

"No, we have to go to work.." You said, turning to face him. His eyes were closed, with a stern look on his face. Almost like he was having a bad dream, though you knew he wasn't already asleep again. "Come on.." You began to push away from him. He pouted some more and finally let you go. You stood up and put a T-shirt on, followed by shorts.

Dazai still laid on the king sized bed stretched out, his eyes closed. "I'll go make coffee instead, morning coffee will get you up." You yawned. All he did was nod and stretch a little more.

You understood that he was tired and walked into the small kitchen, beginning to brew a pot of coffee.
Dazai on the other hand, sat up and crossed his legs. He rested his head in his hands. His thoughts took over for a little while..

"Should I go check on them.?"

"Am I still dreaming?"

"When will they be ba-"

"Baby are you alright..?" Dazai jumped to your hand on his back. You had set the cup of coffee down on the dresser, and sat next to him. He looked up at you, his brown hair still a mess, and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm ok now." He turned and hugged you, while you rubbed his back. You could tell he really didn't want to go to work, but you knew that Kunikida would be on Dazai's ass if he didn't show up. So, you convinced him to get out of bed by telling him that you would wrap his bandages for him.

By this time the both of you were dressed and getting your things together. You sat on the bathroom counter, while Dazai stood there leaning against the wall. You wrapped bandages around his arms and torso for a good 5 minutes before you were done.

"Thank you Darling." Dazai said lifting you off the counter and to the floor, giving you a kiss on your forehead.

"No problem, we should get going yeah?"

"Mhm~"

-

You and Dazai walked from your shared apartment to the ADA. Dazai was still tired and would probably sleep on the little couch for a while. You were still a little tired yourself, but you knew you had things to do. He did love it when you slept on top on him on that couch, you had no idea why though. Somethings about him were still just a mystery to you, serious or not.

"Morning to the both of you, you're on time for once? I'm guessing that was Y/N's doing." You and Dazai stepped into the office as Kunikida sat at the table, typing away at his computer. Dazai shrugged and pulled his light brown coat off his back. He dragged himself over to the small couch and plopped down onto it. You followed, but went towards your desk instead. Dazai reached out and pulled you on top of him, quickly.

"Da-"

"Ah Ah Ah, just rest with me for a little bit. No one is here other than Kunikida it's fine." Dazai shushed you and pulled his coat over your body, almost as a blanket. He nuzzled his head against the arm rest, his feet dangling off the edge of the couch. You huffed and decided not to fight him about it. You relaxed a little and closed your eyes, facing the cushions.

A bandaged arm snakes around your waist and wrapped around it. "Dazai.. we should get to work-" You looked up at his rested face and sighed. He was asleep.

Of course.