BONUS: Behind The Story + New Story Preview

Of course, I wouldn't leave you without some trivia! I have been writing in this bonus chapter ever since the beginning of the story, compiling all the ~fun~, ~interesting~ and ~random~ information about this book!

As you further scroll down, you'll discover where the story was inspired from and why some of the names came out to be. Not only that, I have a number tidbits about some of the chapters!

I AIN'T DONE YET.

The chapter title also says a NEW STORY PREVIEW, too? If you're curious to know what it's all about, read along! 

✦✦✦

THE CONCEPT

THE WORST PROM DATE EVER was loosely based on a conversation between my father and I. It was around high school (imagine, the idea was running through my years ago!) and we were talking about my upcoming graduation ball, which was equivalent to the last ball of my senior year. 

My dad asked if I have a date, to which I said no, because I know that having a date was completely optional. So my dad's a part of this famous fraternity you see, and he suggested to ask one of his "panty-dropper" neophytes to take me to the graduation ball.

It sounded exciting, but in the end, I declined my dad's offer. I did, however, had one of the best high school nights that I will forever treasure—with the company of my high school friends. I even ended up receiving a Hemera award and the Maia of the Night award back then. That's two sashes, yo! *z-snaps*

THE TOWN OF ALCOVIX

Okay, so ALCOVIX is a fictional place. I was having a difficult time thinking of an original name for a town, so I told myself to close my eyes, and the first two words that I'll see by the time I open them will be the name of town. I saw the word 'Alcohol' (the isopropyl alcohol, not the beverage, lol I don't drink) and 'Vicks' (yes, that famous menthol VapoRub).

So basically the name 'Alcovix' is just a combination of the words 'Alcohol' and 'Vicks' (that was eventually shortened to 'vix').

Hence, Alcovix was conceived! I know it doesn't make any sense but the name eventually stuck as it sounded ~cool~ to my ears. I would describe Alcovix as this "midsize, urban, coastal town with an awesome view of the ocean".

By the way, it is pronounced as al-kuh-viks and not al-koe-viks

GENERAL TRIVIA

~ The setting was originally set in Florida, but I wanted the state to be closer to Harvard so I ~literally~ picked Massachusetts

~ Beau and Piper were still supposed to be next-door neighbors

~ Piper was supposed to be the one who's allergic to meat, not Beau

~ Beau was supposed to know how to play the guitar, not Piper

~ Piper was supposed to have long, blonde hair in the beginning of the story

~ Piper's working middle name was 'Hannah'

~ Lucas was supposed to be wearing glasses

~ Callista's working name was Valerie 

~  FLINNWAY is also a fictional place

~  Both HARTSMITH (hahrt-smith) and KRAMERTON (krey-mur-tuhn) High are fictional schools. These are just two of the four high schools in Alcovix mentioned in the story