eighteen

harry's pov

Left and right death eaters approach us. Spells fly everywhere, from inexperienced witches and wizards to experienced, death comes crossing paths with them. Students huddle together for their last good byes as they watch each other getting devoured by Voldemort's army. I run every direction, every corner. 

"Harry where are you going?" Hermione yells.

"I need to find her, y/n she's got to be somewhere in the castle." I yell back at Hermione, running back inside.

The building starts to collapse, rubble follows my path, as I throw spells left and right. I yell her name, once, twice a third time with no response. I want to find her alive, knowing she's safe, I miss her. I know she needed to fight for his side. She had no option.

"Potter! Where do you think you're going?" I hear a voice behind me that immediately makes me pause my running.

"Malfoy?" I question.

"Yea, where you going, huh? Trying to leave the castle now?" Malfoy points his wand.

"Malfoy, tell me where she is, where is y/n? That's all I want to know." I place my hands out in front of him, surrendering.

"Probably about get killed by the Lord himself for not doing her task, over at the Shrieking Shack." He laughs.

"Stupefy!" I point at Malfoy, that'll keep him away from me, at least for a bit. I run out of the castle, towards the Shack. 

As I make my approach towards it, I slowly enter as I hear loud screams and cries. I sprint up the stairs, getting ready with my wand. As I approach the top, he isn't there. Just y/n, and professor Snape laying on the floor, half alive.

"Y/n, Professor! What happened?" I answer in shock as y/n's hand is covered with the blood of her own father.

"The snake, Harry, bit him. Is there anything you can do Harry?" She cries loudly.

"Leave it." Professor says pointing at a tear. I quickly grab a small glass vile from my bag, and collect his tears. "You have your mother's eyes." He looked at me, as his eyes slowly shut. Y/n screams in pain.

That moment made me finally understand, that someone else felt the same thing I have felt for the past seventeen years. At that very moment, I felt her, I understood the pain she was screaming in, because now, now she's alone. 

"It's just all a memory now Y/n. He will forever live on in your mind, along with my parents." I whisper grasping her as I hold the vile. I look down at her arm, as the mark becomes more and more vivid, and more painful. The Lord is getting stronger

He isn't getting weaker at all, the death eaters are following his orders. All but one. "Y/n, you need to kill me."

"Harry, I'm not going to do that. We have to escape Harry." She cries.

"Before we escape, we need to take your father's tears to the Pensieve, decode the hidden past of him." I reply back.