sixteen

harry's pov

Its been weeks, and I haven't gotten a letter back from her, I sit in my room for hours and hours, on a day to day basis. The only fresh air I get is climbing out of the window, to sit on the roof, in the evening when the sun is setting. Tomorrow is my seventeenth birthday, and like every year, no cake, no presents, no wishes, just maybe a cookie from Aunt Petunia. But I'm still grateful for it. Well that's if she remembers my birthday. I lay on my bed, starring at the blank ceiling. Flipping around my wand as if it was a pencil. 

"Potter! Get down here right now!" Uncle Vernon yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

I roll my eyes, along with myself out of bed, and open my door, and slam it behind me as I make make ways down to the kitchen.

"What did I tell you, that isn't stuck inside your tiny little head about visitors?" He asks as he's spitting anger.

"Not to invite anyone?" I  answer.

"Exactly, so tell me, why, is there a girl at the front door steps asking for Mr. Harry Potter?" Uncle Vernon grabbed the back of my shirt, dragging me out of the kitchen, to the front door. "Open the door." He demanded. I grab the door knob and yank the door open.

"Happy Early Birthday Harry." She hands me two medium sized boxes, wrapped in a brown paper, with colorful bows. I smile, and without knowing who or what was around me I wrapped my arms around her.

"Petunia! The boys got a lover!" Uncle Vernon turns and yells.

Fuck. I forgot I was at the Dursley's.

"Vernon, she--." Petunia stopped.

"She what." Uncle Vernon asked.

"Dear, your father, you look just like him. My sister always talked about him before James." Aunt Petunia looks at y/n, this is the nicest I've seen her, ever. Y/n looks confused, as she has every right to be. Since I myself am as well.

"Severus." Aunt Petunia states. "My sisters childhood love, your father made her so happy, until James. James ruined her, the talented for trouble. Your father loved my sister, but stopped loving him about the sixth year. When she started dating James." She adds on.

My mother liked professor Snape? Why hasn't professor ever told me about that? Ever. He's always been so secretive about his past, always avoided the conversation, he looked hurt by it.

"Mind if I borrow, Harry for a bit?" She asked the Vernon's.

"Oh please take him." Aunt Petunia answered.

I am honestly confused, Uncle Vernon doesn't look so happy, but he went with whatever Petunia said. I immediately slammed the door behind me, and went on with Y/n. I had so many questions, where has she been, what happened, if she missed me.

"Harry, you really need to know this, and its not the best news, anyone should hear. And I'm sorry." She looked at me.

I look at her confused, knowing absolutely nothing, "What's wrong?" I answered, grabbing her left hand, as we approach a field, just in time for the sunset. tens of colors fill the sky, the sky happy, but y/n not so much. She holds my hand tighter, as she goes to uncover her sleeve, revealing her forearm. My eyes widen.

The mark.

"Harry, I-- I'm sorry." She says looking away. I take my right hand, and run my fingers across the mark, as I outline the mark, my scar starts to burn.

Ow.

I immediately place my right hand over it, rubbing it to try to sooth. She rips her hand out of mine. I'm sorry. She looks into my eyes, as she's covering her mark. She stands up, but I grab her wrist which is flowing behind her. "It's not your fault, it really isn't."

All your secrets are safe with me Y/n.

"Everything will be alright, I promise." I add.

"Harry, they want to kill you." Y/n whispers.

"I know they do. I've known for a while now." I calmly answer, having her rest her head on my shoulder.