eight

hermione's pov

Throughout the years I've known Harry, he has never had feelings towards anyone. Besides the little crush he had on Cho his fourth year and fifth year, but she made it clear she didn't like him, which broke his aching heart even more. No one really knows Y/n, other than she attends majority of the parties every Friday. People don't know where she came from, or anything along those lines. All I know she's in our Defense of the Dark Arts class, she just transferred into that class.
From what Ginny read from Harry's diary yesterday, he seems to have seen her often to be saying he loves her, but Harry definitely won't go into depth with that, he won't even tell his best friend Ron about it.

harry's pov

As I sit outside, the wind blows and howls. My robe twists and flows around toward the direction of the wind.
I think of all the possible ways I might be humiliated when people find out I like the mystery girl y/n.
I wipe my last tear, stand up and head back inside the castle. I remembered something y/n had said, her favorite room, the Astronomy Classroom. I've never been in that room, since I'm not taking Astronomy until next year, but I thought I'd give it a glance.
I walk down the halls of Hogwarts, with no one in plain sight, everyone was gone, as I approach the ends of the classrooms, stairs, stairs lead up to the upstairs, to where the only classroom lies on that floor. I slowly walk up the stairs, making sure no teacher is around to question my suspicious activity.
I creek the door open, and am instantly amazed with what I see. The 'ceiling' isn't even a ceiling, it's the stars, and galaxies surrounding ours. Around the room the planets orbit, they glisten and shine, and make reflections in the room of the current existing sunlight. Everything sparkles, I walk over to the telescope, and look inside of it, and view constellations through it, and they've never been more vibrant. Orion, and the galaxy nearest to ours Andromeda. I have never been so drawn into something like this.

"Enjoying the views Harry?" A quiet voice asks.

I quickly lift my head from the telescope, "Y/n, um, yea they're really gorgeous."

"I told you, this room is an escape, and should be for everyone." She smiles as she walks over. "But you need to fix the setting on the telescope." Y/n adds grasping my hand and putting it on the knob, adjusting the focus of the lense. "Look now." She adds.

I look into the lense, and the view is even more beautiful than it was before, more vibrant and clear. I grow more and more in love with her as the days go on, and I hope she feels the same way back. She really knows how to make someone feel special.

"Harry, did you know neutron stars can spin up to 600 times per second?" She looks at me.

I honestly lost her at neutron, because I'm not exactly sure what that is. "No I didn't."

"Now you know." She laughs.

She gazes up looking at the stars, admiring them, but I admire her, just as she does with the stars. I walk over, and get a little bit closer, and stand behind her. I slide my hand into hers and rest my head on her shoulder.
We share a moment.

"Harry, I think I'm falling in love with you." She whispers.

As I hear those words, my heart starts to pound, I squeeze her hand tighter, "I think I am too."

I hold her hand with my left, and grab her cheek with my right, and go for her lips kissing her, and for that split of a second, my world stopped. It felt like it was just me and her.

I love her.

Later in the day I lay in my bed, admiring what had happen this entire day, and imagine what could happen in the next couple of months with my love, but Ron, Fred and George interrupt my thoughts.

"Harry, we took your invisibility cloak, and to let you know we will not be following you anymore." Fred states.

My eyes widen, "What do you mean?"

"We saw you and that girl, didn't know you were so romantic Harry." Added George.

"What the fuck, why wont anyone just leave me alone." I ask.

"Harry calm down, it really isn't a big deal, just we won't want to see you two smooching again, we'd rather pass." Fred laughs.

"Ron and you just stood there." I ask.

"Sorry Harry." Ron shrugged his shoulders.

I turn around, not knowing if I'm furious or not. 

"Good night Harry, maybe one day we could meet your new girlfriend." Fred laughs.

I don't answer, and shut my eyes and fall asleep.