seventeen

harry's pov

The beginning of the school year, my seventh and final year. And I know the secret, the secret father told her not to say. The death of me. I've seen this coming, for the longest time, I knew. As of now, it wasn't my worry, but I know, that as that day nears, it'll develop into a very serious one.
I miss my parents, and I do want to meet them, again. I want to be in my mother's warm arms, and have my father tell me jokes he never got to tell me.
But I'm not ready, not ready to die, no one really is, ever. It just comes naturally I've heard. At the same time I don't want to leave y/n, my now best friend.
I've also figured out, that her father loved my mother, but it never worked out. Not in the way Snape had hoped it would.

I walk down the halls, as I feel a sudden grip of the hood of my robe.

"Harry, listen to me, you have to go somewhere, hide anywhere, leave here, the only warning I'm giving you Harry. You have to listen and trust me." Y/n whispers.

"What if I don't?" I ask back.

"You run the risk of getting yourself killed, along with me." She answered with.

I look into her emerald eyes, and have nothing to say. I don't want her getting killed along with myself. "Do you still have the?" She uncovers her sleeve, "That doesn't determine my immortality, Harry they want me to kill you. I have to do it, but you know I can't."

That's the lasts I've seen her, up until the start of the war.

As the barriers were enclosing, I felt that dream, the dream that I had about a year ago. About this day.

About May 2.

This is all real now, I dreamt about the future. She's fighting with them, for them, to kill me. I didn't think much about it, but I knew, my time is coming.
These last couple of weeks I've been dreaming about my parents, as if I saw them. I could felt their touch, every word they told me, Harry it isn't your time yet, but it will soon be someone else's. Those were the words of my mother right before I woke up, she said it isn't my time.
I won't die. But the reality says otherwise, but who did she mean when she mentioned it was their time.

A thud, interrupts my thoughts. The barrier is breaking, disintegrating. All the students rush, pushing through and shoving each other to try to find a safe space in the castle, or just leave.

Please mother, I just want to go.