six

harry's pov

As we walk outside of the castle it's late and dark. It's around nine in the evening, and the rain hasn't stopped.
Our robes are drenched, and we're soaking, but it just makes the memories more vivid.
I throw my hands in my pocket afraid of getting yelled at for holding hers. Even though I desperately want to.

"So y/n, why didn't you attend the party tonight?" I asked her.

"Wasn't in the mood really." She responded as droplets of rain fell on her nose and cheek.

I nod, and understand, sometimes parties aren't fun. They're just for alcohol and maniacs. As more droplets fall down on her face I wipe them away, with her pausing my movement and grabbing my wrist.
She smiled, and put her hand on my cheek and jaw, then tried wiping away the rain off my glasses.

She took her hood off, following with taking mine off, " I think that's better than a hood, they don't do much."

"Yea, definitely not, especially with this quality of robes." I laugh back.

Her hand rests on the bench, and I look down at it, and slowly move mine on top of hers, eventually intertwining our fingers together.
She moves in closer, and rests her head on my shoulders.

"You know Harry, I've never really experienced love before, other than the love my father has given me throughout my life. My mother left my father when I was young, and it was just us two growing up. He never really mentions anything about love, he claims to have been heartbroken tremendously, and never wants to experience a soulmate ever again. I'm worried the same thing will happen to me, well, it almost already has." She responds quietly.

Y/n, she's like me. She pretty much grew up the same way I did. She understands, understands what my struggles are, since she's experienced them before.

"What do you mean has?" I ask.

"Malfoy, I've always had eyes on him, ever since I met him. I've known him for years, but he isn't the beautiful blonde haired, blue eyed tall lover everyone thinks he is. He gets his ignorance from his father, never putting anyone's needs first, he's selfish Harry. He claims to have study seshes with the other Slytherin's on certain nights, but I know that's not true. He pulls along girls from anywhere he wants and makes them his for a night, his eyes trap you Harry." Y/n says in a hurting tone.

"I know Malfoy isn't the best person to ever be
around. Maybe he will learn one day." I add.

"How about you Harry, have you been loved before?" She asks as the night gets darker and the rain starts to stop.

"No, growing up I lost my parents when I was a baby, they were killed by Voldemort, then I moved in with my aunt, my moms sister, and she never showed any love to me what so ever, neither did her husband, only towards their only son. Hogwarts is an escape place for me, it makes me happy, without any worry." I respond trying not to think of the vague memories I have from the past.

Y/n moves on closer, and holds my hand tighter, "Harry, I want to love you."

My heart pounds harder, and brings and light smile on my face, but gleaming emotions on the inside, "Me too."

"And Harry, I never told anyone what I just told you, no one knew about it, except myself." She says lightly under her breath.

That's one secret, one she told me, and I know she has many more.

I turn my head, and look at her again, look at the remaining drops of rain still on her nose and cheeks, look at her beautiful eyes. I cup my hand and place it on her cheek, and go in to kiss her.

Something about that kiss, made me feel like she's going to be the missing love I finally found.