After dinner, Allen did the dishes. I sat on the counter while swinging my feet and listening to music. Mom had already went to sleep.

Allen finishes and we head back to my room. He takes out his sketchbook and starts drawing something.

"What're you creating?" I ask playfully.

"Garden," he says letting out a soft chuckle.

I look over and see him sketching the enchanting looking garden. Allen was an outstanding artist. He had quite the skill in creating realism sketches. I always nag at him that he should go to an art school but he claims he's not even that good. I walk over to my computer and type up some notes for class. I hear Allen drop his pencil and walk over to my the desk.

"Hey, you know I don't really mind but I feel like it would be best if we still talked about earlier," he blurts out.

Fuck.

"Okay. Yeah. Sorry. I'm aware it's selfish that I put you in that kind of position. I wasn't thinking, but it's not an excuse," I babble on. He leans on the edge of the desk and rests his hands on my shoulders, facing me.

"Shh, Celeste. I just mean like well you know."

"No, I don't."

We both let out a laugh. He leans in bending so we're now eye level. Allen is known as "friendly giant" amongst our friends. He's a giant dude but he's so genuine and sweet.

"I know you don't like when I get to the point so," he trails off getting distracted as his gaze drops to my lips. He quickly brings his eyes back to mine.

"I know the past two days have been emotional. I get it. You're a very smart woman so I know you're not stupid but I don't want you doing certain things when your judgement is clouded," he continues.

"Allen, you know I can't resist sometimes."

"We've had a conversation about this. You told me you didn't want to get into anything deep,"

"Then let's not make it into anything else but that." I state.

"Anything else but what?" he asks.

"This"

I pull him into me and we start kissing. I place my hands on both sides of his neck. He picks me up with my legs wrapped around him and softly tosses me on the bed. He takes his shirt off and looks down at me as my legs are still wrapped around his hips. He smiles and starts kissing my neck.

Allen and I are bestfriends and he is the love of my life but we've never considered a relationship. Allen was my first though.
—————————————
*This is a flashback

After two months of me being a sad little widow Allen and the some of our friends forced me out of my room. I smelled awful and I had barely eaten. They got me ready and we all went out in the city and fucked around all day. It felt good to be clean and to eat a nice meal and be with a bunch of people I enjoyed.

Later that night, Allen and I got back to my house and our laughs were muffled so that we didn't wake my mom since it was 1 am. I was surprised she wasn't blowing up my phone to come home by 10. She probably felt so bad that I barely left my room for two months straight that she let it go.

We got in my room and I started to change. I've changed in front of Allen before when I was drunk but he would always look away and laugh because he wanted to respect my privacy.

"Okay turn around." I said rolling my eyes. He turns and smiles at me. "Why do you look away? You don't want to admire me?" I ask teasing him.

He looks at me as he thinks of what I just said and what he should say back to me.

"Celeste, you're beyond stunning. I always admire you." Allen replies. He scans my body as if he was sitting back and admiring one of his finished art works.

I walk towards him while he's sitting on my bed, staring at me. He looks at me with arms dangling between the gap of his legs and looking up at me.
He's so tall and awkward it's so cute.
I kiss him and for a moment he kisses back but then pulls away.

"Wait." He says, "We can't.."

"Why not?"

"You're a little drunk, you know?"

"Okay? I still know what I want just because I have some alcohol in my system," I hiss. I admit I was emotional and a little hurt he didn't want to kiss me.

"Let's just go to sleep, ask me again when your head is clearer." Allen says as he places a kiss on my cheek. "Because it's not that I don't want this or anything," he whispered.

I blushed at his confession. He did find me attractive. He rubbed my back until I fell asleep.

The next morning I get out my bed trying my best to not wake up Allen and I head to the kitchen. My mom left a note on the table saying she went to meet a coworker before work so she left a lot earlier than usual.
I made a cup of coffee for Allen and I and brought it to our room.

He flutters his eyes open and sits up in the bed.

"Thank you," he says and takes a sip while not taking his eyes off of me. He sets down the cup of coffee and looks at me as I stood not too far from him sipping my cup.

"So do you remember last night when we got hom-"

"I'm sober, now." I cut him off.

He blinks slowly at me not knowing what the next step is. I set down my coffee and look at him. He smiles at me and reaches out to my hips and pulls me towards him. We start kissing.