A month goes by. 

Today, Allen and the guys have a basketball game. Tristan and I broke things off because he started crushing on this other girl. There were no hard feelings because it was just sex for us. The girl Tristan likes is really pretty, her name is Simone. Tonight's game is important for the guys because it's the last game of the season. Since we're seniors, it's their last game for good. The only person that is going to continue playing basketball in college is Fabian.

Me, Naomi, and Valerie got ready at my house. We arrived at the game and sat at the bleachers. Naomi's girlfriend, Nyla, sat by us. Guess who else found us and sat by us?

Pearl.

Allen still never broke it off with Pearl, he's too nice.
We all gave Pearl fake smiles and then went back to watching the game. Nobody liked Pearl after the word spread about how shady she was being. Even Nyla and she's never even met Pearl until just now. 

After the game, we all met outside in the parking lot. The guys hugged us all sweaty and gross.

"Ew." Naomi said in disgust.

"Fuck off, Naomi. We just won! Be happy for once! Gimme a smile!" Zach exclaimed. Naomi slightly smiles but then goes back to her typical frown.

"Guys, we should all go eat." Fabian suggests.

"Hell yeah! Let's go!" Nyla says.

Nyla doesn't go to school with us so this was our first time meeting her. She's pretty quiet but she randomly has bursts of energy and it shocks all of us. I like her. 

We all laugh and try to decide where to eat. Then, of course, Pearl gets a call. She looks down at her phone and presses her lips. She walks away from the group and Allen stares after her. He shakes his head and looks down. I don't know what came over me but this has been going on for so long and it was getting so annoying.

"Pearl!" I call after her.

I walk towards her and she gives me a harsh look.

"Celeste, I'm busy." She rolls her eyes.

"What the fuck are you hiding? Always being so secretive and shit. Are you cheating on Allen?" I accuse.

Pearl ends the call and stares at me coldly. I can feel the group staring down at us from behind me. Naomi walks closer to us.

"Have anything to say? I've been wondering the same thing." Naomi states boldly.

"Y'all need to get the fuck." Pearl hisses.

"Pearl, don't you dare talk to them like that." Allen says but then immediately gets red.

Pearl's fists were clenched, her face was red, her breathing got heavy. Everyone stared at Pearl. Pearl's eyes switch from me, Naomi, and at Allen. Then, Pearl starts breaking down crying. She drops her phone on the ground and then she falls to the ground. Nobody moves or says anything.

"I- I..." Pearl tries to speak but her cries were too powerful. She could barely breath.

"I'm the r-reason w-wwhy Charles is .... dead." Pearl finally lets out. We all stare at her in silence.

In that moment I was so confused. What did she mean? Her words sounded like nonsense. Did she hire a hitman or some shit on him? My chest felt tight and I felt dizzy. Allen rushes to my side and sits in front of me.

The world goes black.