"Hi. Can I have a matcha latte and a regular iced coffee. And two ham and swiss sandwiches?" I ask the barista.

"Yes ma'am. That will be $9.37." she says.

I hand her the money and walk over to the table that Allen is sitting at already. We chat for a bit randomly.

"So, I'm going out tonight. If my mom asks, I'm at Naomi's," I say.

"Where are you actually going?" he asks.

I pause before telling him, "Tristan's"

"Y'all like each other? It's sort of random," he says.

"Not sure but we're just going to mess around for a bit," I reply. 

I hear my name called out and I get our order and then bring it to the table. Allen doesn't talk to me for a little bit. He looks out the window and spots a caterpillar. He smiles.

"I think I want to see Victor again but I don't know it makes me sort of uneasy," I say.

"Well we don't have to I know the past couple of days has been kinda odd. Don't rush yourself."

"Yeah, it's weird. I feel safe now but then I don't."

We finish up our food and we walk out the cafe. He squeezes me tight and rubs my back a little before going back into the car.

We start to head over to the jail that Victor is being held in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do the same as before and walk into the little room to talk to him.

"Victor." I mumbled.

"Pretty lady," he smirks.

I roll my eyes. Creep. 

"You're in here to rot. You having nothing. Why don't you tell me why you killed my boyfriend two years ago."

"How about you tell me your name first."

"Celeste." I state coldly. Fuck. Why did I tell him my name? I should of made something up.

"Your boyfriend owed me. He kept putting it off for weeks. I get impatient. I don't like it when people test me."

"Well I'm getting impatient with you but you don't see me putting a bullet in between your eyes."

Victor grunts. He clearly doesn't like being sassed. Especially by a tiny little girl.

"Your boyfriend was an idiot. He had what coming to him."

He stares at me in a way that taunts me. I squeeze Allen's hand. I just wanted to know why. Why was he in trouble? What caused him to lose his life?

Victor stands up and walks out.

I stay sitting staring blankly into space. I slowly put the phone back and walk out.

"Charles was no fucking idiot. He's the idiot." I scolded. I slam the car door in frustration.
Allen sits there and strokes my hand as I cry. He waits a bit for me to calm down.

"I don't understand. He was 16. What could he have possibly done to get himself into a situation so shady." I cried.

"I know this hurts to hear but maybe Charles wasn't who you thought he was." Allen speaks.

I look up at him with my jaw clenched. My eyes were watery so my vision was blurred. I loved Charles. How in the world is he not who I thought he was?

"What the fuck do you know?" I asked sharply.

"I'm just saying, he was friends with a few people that didn't seem right. Maybe one of his friends got him into something," he sighs and looks into my eyes.

Allen's words aggravated me a lot. He could be right and that's why I was so aggravated. Charles and I dated for almost a year and it's possible he wasn't who I really thought he was. I turn my head over to the window and don't say anything to Allen. I was being a bit of a bitch but this was so stressful for me. I just wish Charles was with me right now.

"Please don't ignore me," Allen speaks.

I don't say anything. I continue to look how the window. Allen grabs my chin and directs it towards him.

"I know you loved him but that doesn't mean he was perfect."

I snap my neck away from him. I look out towards the window again.

"I know. You're right. I just need to process this."