I look around and I see that I'm in a hospital. I hear machines beeping. I feel dizzy but I'm fine. In the corner of the room I see a balloon probably from my friends. I shift my eyes to the right of me and see a box of juice and a cookie. My eyes weren't fully open because the room was so bright and white. I rubbed my eyes trying to make my vision less blurry and then feel someone rush to my side. Warm hands are holding mine. I look up to see Allen. He's smiling at me but he looks concerned at the same time. Then I hear footsteps and see my mom next to him. She kisses me on the forehead.

"The doctors said you passed out from stress, cariño." My mom said.

"Oh." I finally spoke.

"Idiot." He said smiling.

My mom lightly smacks Allen's arm.

"Sorry, Jenny." Allen chuckles.

"I should probably stop passing out every time I get excessively anxious," I say.

The three of us laugh. The doctor comes in. He immediately discharges me and we go home. The entire car ride, I look out the window and don't say a word. I felt kind of embarrassed that I passed out in front of all my friends but I also just wanted to get home and eat something. I felt a buzz from my phone and looked down at it.

"Dramatic ass" it was a text from Valerie.

"Jk glad you're okay. Allen told me you woke up, get some rest love you" 

"I love you, too" I replied.

I also had texts from everyone else. It meant a lot that so many people cared about me but I felt embarrassed, too.

We arrived home and my mom immediately made me grilled cheese and tater tots. The three of us ate in the living room together. I didn't speak much and I saw Allen and my mom share a few worried glances to each other. After I was done eating I walked to my room. I changed my clothes into just a big t shirt and underwear. I brushed my hair as I sat up in my bed. A couple minutes later Allen comes in.

"You scared me earlier." Allen says softly.

"Please, I just passed out." I said rolling my eyes. 

He laughs at my statement. He knows I hate when people care about me too much. Allen claims I put everyone before myself and that when something bad happens to me, I hate the attention.

It's true, I do hate the attention.

"So, what did Pearl mean when she said that stuff?" I ask finally.

Allen shakes his head and then meets my eyes.

"I have no idea. I don't know if it was for attention or what she said was true but after you passed out, I picked you up and put you in my car and rushed to the hospital. I think Naomi said a few words to her, though." He said and chuckled softly. He then picked his head back up and frowned.

I needed to know what she meant by that. I look at the time and see that it's 11:00. I get up quickly and put my shoes on.

"Woah, what are you doing?" Allen asks.

"You, me, and Naomi deserve to know what she meant. Let's go. Now." I said with a blank stare. 

Without saying anything else we hopped in the car and I told Naomi we were on our way. She agreed and said she'd meet us there. When we finally get to Pearl's house I take a deep breath. We get out the car and see Naomi and Pearl in a tense conversation.

"Okay, they're here and now you need to speak." Naomi stated.

"My father. H-he is Victor. Victor Shepard." Pearl says.

What?