Chapter 21

Eren woke up and looked around.

"you mustn't get up yet...Lie down," Mikasa said to him. Eren widened his eyes and then looked at her.

"W-what about the female titan?!!" Mikasa sighed.

"We let her go." This shocked Eren as tears flow down his face...the lives of the soldiers were wasted. They died for nothing...Eren looked at the woman lying next to him and he's surprised to see Alina covered in her green coat and peacefully sleeping with a bandage on her forehead.

They entered the walls and heard people talking bad things about them but no one couldn't care less...Eren knew he'd be handed to the authorities.

The mission failed...

****************
In Stohess District, Armin and Annie appeared before Eren and Mikasa who are wearing their hoods to cover themselves... they looked at Armin and Annie in relief.

"We got through surprisingly easily. That's military police for you..." Eren said to the others while Armin walked beside him and Annie leading them.

"shhh..."

"don't look around or look at everything," Mikasa instructed Eren too.

"We just have to hope that they haven't realized that Jean is the one inside the carriage," Armin whispered.

"say...if I hadn't helped, how are you going to get out?" Annie asked them.

"we'll have to barge through using our gears," Armin said.

"that's crazy....wouldn't it be easier if you escaped before reaching the Stohess District?" Annie asked them.

"I felt that this town's complex layout would make our body double play work out. Plus, acting dutifully and letting their guard down can help us escape easier."

"I see...good point," Annie replied and the three looked at each other.
"oh there." Armin pointed at the way that proceeds to the underground...

"here?" Annie asked and Armin nodded.

"yes. We're going through here. This is the way that's left of an underground city they are planning to make. This will lead us outside the walls." Armin said and the three went there.

"really? That's amazing." Eren commented as they went down the stairs...

They looked behind and Annie is there at the entrance staring down at them.

"Annie, what are you doing? Come on. We don't have time." Armin urged her but she didn't respond and just looked at them.

"Annie, don't tell me you're afraid of darkness?" Eren teased her too and Annie replied.

"yes, I am...I doubt a brave suicidal maniac like you won't be able to understand the feelings of a weak damsel."

"any damsel who can throw a man isn't weak at all. Come on!" Eren said as they continued to go down but Annie didn't move.

"no, I'm not going. I'm afraid to go down there. Unless we stay above ground, I won't help at all." She said.

"Annie! Stop screwing around! We have to go!"

"Eren, don't shout," Mikasa told Eren.

"I'm sure it's fine Mikasa." Mikasa then looks at Annie.

"because for some reason, the area seemed to be deserted for a while. Man...that hurts. At what point did you start looking at me like that, Armin?" she asked them.

"Annie...why do you have Marco's gear?" Armin asked hiding a flare gun ready to shoot.

"It had all the cramps and scratches. I know it because I helped him in doing the maintenance before." Armin added.