Chapter 20

*washing the Truck*

"Could you act human? I mean I've got neighbors." Bella asked Edward who jumped on top of the truck then the bed then the ground. I laughed at her reaction while I continued to help clean the truck. As soon as I got home from dance and training with the pack on this cloudy Saturday, Bella wanted my help.

"I'm gonna take you to my place tomorrow," he told her then reached and pulled out the dent caused by the accident.

"Thanks. Uh, wait like with your family?" she asked and I rolled my eyes already feeling her anxiety.

"Yeah."

"What if they don't like me?" she asked and I laughed.

"Esme has been wanting to meet you for a while now and the rest already know you, Bella. There's nothing to worry about." I called out to her, and she looked over the front of the truck glaring.

"Easy for you to say, they already met you and you're like perfect." she's been a lot more short tempered with me lately.

"Thanks, let's just forget the fact that I'm a literal angel, with too many powers to count, including hearing a dead person's voice In my head, which basically makes me a freak. I'm far from perfect Bells." I told her and put my other earphone back in even though I'll be able to hear their conversation either way.

"So, you're worried not because you'll be in a house full of vampires, but because you think they won't approve of you?" he laughed a little at that, which is kinda funny, she's worried about the wrong things.

"I'm glad I amuse you." she scoffed then he looked behind me at the road like something was wrong. 

'Chief and jake!' Cielo all but yelled in my mind, and I jumped turning to look at the road with a giant smile. Sure enough, I could see them at the end of the street, their scents slowly drifting to my nose.

"What is it?" Bella asked Edward, and he looked back at her.

"Complications. I'll pick you up tomorrow. Eva you're welcomed to come as well." he said to me then quickly got into his car and drove off. Uncle Billy and he had a small stare down as they drove past each other. Uncle Billy then parked giving us nods.

"Guys! We weren't expecting you today!" I called out, taking my earphones out and rushing over to hug Jake, and then helped get his dad out.

"Hey. come to visit the truck?" Bella asked and they both smiled looking at her then the truck.

"Looks good. Got that dent out.'' Jake commented, tossing the food onto his dad's lap.

"Yeah," Bella said with a smile as she looked back to where the dent was but no longer is thanks to her perfect boyfriend.

"Actually, we came to visit your flat-screen. First Mariners game of the season. Plus Jacob here keeps bugging me about seeing you again." Uncle Billy said, and I giggled at Jacob as he got uncomfortable.

"Great, dad. Thanks." he whispered to his dad.

"Just keeping it real, son," he said with a smirk on and I couldn't help but actually laugh. Jake looked to me and I mouthed,

'You still have a crush' in a teasing way.

'Shut up!' Jake mouthed back to me and I laughed again.

"Vitamin R." Dad said, coming around the corner with two hands full of six packs.

"Well done, Chief. Harry Clearwater's homemade fish fry." he said, holding it up and my mouth watered as I moved over and took it from Jake.

"Good man!" he said then put the cans on uncle Billy's lap.