Chapter 12

*walking in the forest*

'That's because you overworked yourself. That's why most people who become angels die shortly after discovering what they can do. You mustn't overdo yourself. You have time to learn and gain control. For now rest. Only use one power at a time until you have it then and the next until you have them all mastered. You are strong enough.' she said and I sighed, she's right I need to slow down.

'What can I call you?'

'Cielo.' she said and I smiled hearing the slight Italian accent in the name.

'Well, Cielo. Thank you for saving my life when I was 7.'

'Thank you for accepting your fate. I'll be here until you no longer need me.' she said and that was it.

"We'll be in touch.' Sam said to me once we got to the Black's house. I nodded and they left. I went in and was greeted by Jake as he basically tackled me in a hug.

"Hey! I was worried! You're soaking wet!" he screeched and I sighed.

"It started raining. I'm okay though. It's time for me to go home. Can you give me a ride?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Yeah of course!" he said, rushing off, then came back with a hoodie in one hand and keys in the other.

"Here go, put this on first," he said, handing me a brown hoodie and pointing to the bathroom. I rolled my eyes but had a grateful smile as I went to the bathroom. I cleaned my face off, mascara, and even a little mud off my face. My skirt and nice sweater are gonna need to be washed like a billion times to get all the mud off. It was a good thing I wear biker shorts under my skirts. The hoodie swallowed me whole, reaching my mid-thighs, covering the small shorts I had on. I grabbed my skirt and sweater and walked out of the bathroom.

"Thanks, Jake," I said, already feeling better.

"Let's get going." He said, outreaching his hand. I took it and shouted a bye at Uncle Billy over my shoulder as we went to the truck.

"Oh, can I braid your hair?" I asked as he started driving. He laughed and agreed, pulling it out of the low ponytail and moving it to my side. I did a french braid, making sure to gather it all.

"There," I said proudly, looking at my masterpiece.

"You were always good with braiding." he smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Thank you!" We caught up a little while on the way to my house. The drive wasn't far and we pulled up shortly after I finished the braid.

"Thanks, Jake! I'll return the hoodie tomorrow before dance!" I kissed his cheek, sliding out of the truck and rushing inside since it was slightly drizzling still.

"I'm home! Going to take a shower!" I called out rushing up the stairs and straight into the bathroom.

*Next day*

*Lunch*

"La Push, babies. You in?" Eric asked. Bells and I sat at the lunch table with our friends. I like this group better than groups my age. The group I like my age is at the Rez.

"Should I know what that means?" Bella asked, confused and I sighed sitting down.

"It's the local beach at the Quileute Reservation," I told her. Oh gosh, I haven't been there since I've been back, and it used to be my favorite spot!

"We're all going there tomorrow afternoon," Mike explained, tomorrow is ballet then training with the pack. Training with the Cullens doesn't start until Sunday.

"Yeah, there's a big swell coming in," Jess said and I smiled, another thing I haven't done since I've been back was surf. I didn't do it much when I was young but I could stand for a minute.