Chapter 8

I went home, then dance, then back home

I went home, then dance, then back home. I was barely tired, dancing felt amazing, I felt so in tune with my body, the music, and everything around me, it was the best class I ever had. I thought I was gonna be exhausted but as Jake brought me home I felt like I could have kept going. Mrs. Claire noticed the change in me as well but didn't push on it and instead pushed me to try different and new moves. I got so high in my jumps and leaps I was truly blown away by what my body can apparently do now.

*home*

I heard Bella gasp awake, which caused me to wake up. I got up and quietly went to her room.

"Bells?" I asked and I heard movement on the other end.

"Hey, I'm fine. Go back to sleep," she said only opening the door a little and I frowned, something smells different in her room. Oh well, I nodded going back to my room and immediately falling back asleep on my bed.

*Next school day*

"Have fun on the field trip Bells!" I jumped out of the truck and started walking to school. As I did, I was saying hey back to everyone who greeted me and hey to some who didn't. I'm in a good mood, a happy mood, things feel right.

"Hey you three!" I chirped, skipping to a stop in front of Alice, Jasper, and Edward. They all smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Hey, Eva!" Alice greeted back.

"Hey." Edward nodded with a coy grin, one barely noticeable, but it was there.

"Hello Evangeline," Jasper said and I giggled.

"Jas, I've told you, you can call me Eva! You need to relax sometimes." I said and started to walk, not wanting to be late for the first period. As I said he needs to relax, I put my hand on his shoulder patting him twice but other than that I didn't make any more contact with him.

"Okay well I can't be late so we'll see each other soon! Have a great field trip!" I called out over my shoulder, turning back to face the school.

"Oh wait, Eva!" Alice called out and I turned, nodding for her to tell me what she needed. She got close to me and I was slightly confused until she started whispering.

"Carlisle has figured out what you are and would like for you to come to our house today after school. Are you busy?" she asked with her own little chirp to it.

"No, not at all! And what am I? Do you mean what I'm sick with? And where do you guys live?" I asked her my questions and she let out a giggle.

"No silly, what you are. You're not sick with anything. And you can just ride with us after school. We'll meet you at your locker!" she was no longer whispering and I nodded, still confused but looking forward to after school.

"Okay! I'll ask my dad but I'm sure he'll be fine with it! Oh and I'll talk to Bella about it as well and see if she can come." I went to turn around but she quickly but gently grabbed my wrist stopping me.