Chapter 1

"Evangeline! You ready?" mom called out as I was saying my last goodbye to my second home

"Evangeline! You ready?" mom called out as I was saying my last goodbye to my second home. The house I've lived in for the past 5 years with my sister, mom, and stepdad. Bella and I weren't always close, that having to do with the fact that I grew up with Charlie, our dad, back in forks, but now we are always together. Mom left dad when Bella was three months old, but when Bella was 2 they came back for a few days and mom had a moment of weakness, which resulted in her being pregnant with me. Sure Bella would visit but it didn't do much, we would mostly fight since we are so close in age. When I turned 10 and dad got the chief position at work it was decided that I would move to phoenix Arizona with Renee(mom) and Bella, my sister. It took me a while to get used to the sun and dryness of phoenix but once I did I loved it. I have always been the more outgoing and carefree sister, which is why I'm taking moving back to Forks better than Bella. She won't admit it, but she's more nervous than she's letting on.

"Yeah! I'm coming!" I yelled back walking out of my room for the last time. I rolled my hand over the marks on the door frame that marked my growth. I stopped growing at the age of 12, stuck at the height of 5'2. I walked out of the house and into my mothers awaiting arms.

"Goodbye momma, I'm gonna miss you!" I smiled as I wrapped my arms around her. She hugged back and kissed my temple.

"I'm gonna miss you too, my angel. You be good for your dad and if there is ever a boy in either your sister or your life, you better tell me," she said, pulling away but kept me in her arms.

"Will do, you'll be the first to hear." I kissed her cheek then Bella, mom, and I did a group hug.

"Guys, come on. I love you both, but we have a plane to catch." Phill called out to us after he put all our bags in the car, and we released each other. I sniffled, my nose still a little stuffy from our cry sesh last night.

"Come on sis, we have gloomy skies waiting for us." I threw my arm over her shoulders and we walked to the car. I got in the back while Bells got in the front. We waved to mom as Phill backed out and off we went to the airport.

"This is gonna be a good thing, Bella! Don't worry too much." I put my hand on her shoulder and gave a giant smile when she looked back at me.

"Like you're reading my mind sometimes Eva," she said and gave her own smile back.

I put my earbuds in and planned to get a quick nap before getting to the airport.

*Forks Washington*

"Dad!" I yelled out once I saw him at the bottom of the escalator.

"Angel!" he called out, standing straighter and smiling when he saw us. I ran to him as soon as I got to the bottom and hugged him.

"You've grown so much. You both have," he said releasing me and hugging Bella. After they hugged we went and collected our luggage, then started the long drive back to forks. I of course was talking the whole time since we've been together, catching up dad on everything and anything.

"I see you didn't grow out of the always able to talk phase." He commented once I took a break from speaking. Bella laughed while my face dropped.

"Oh am I talking too much? I'm sorry, I guess I didn't realize. I'm just glad to be back home." I let out an awkward laugh of my own sinking into the seats of the police cruiser more. Forks will always be my first home.

"I'm sorry Eva, I'm just not used to it anymore. Talk as much as you want, I've been told I'm a good listener," he explained and I set up a little and smiled when we made eye contact in the little mirror. We passed the welcome to Forks sign and my smile grew.

"Your hair's longer," he said after a couple of minutes looking over to Bells.

"Oh, I cut it since the last time I saw you." Bella, always the one to make situations slightly more awkward, replied.

"Oh, I guess it grew out again," he said then went back to focusing on the road when the light turned green. I giggled a little and rolled my eyes at Bells when she looked back at me. A couple of minutes later we arrived at the two story white house. Once the car turned off, I practically jumped out of the car.

"You got a new boat!" I yelled out when I saw it and moved to the back of the car.

"Yeah, the one I had when you were little gave out a few years back."

"We'll have to go fishing sometime soon then, dad. You'll have to show me and teach me how to drive that one." I smiled at him pointing over my shoulder to the white and red boat. He smiled at me and nodded.

"Glad you still like to do that," he said and handed me my light blue bags. I put my bookbag over my shoulder, another bag over my other, a suitcase in both hands, and dad had another one of mine under a different arm than Bell's bags.

"I've cleared some shelves off in the bathroom," he said, following behind us up the stairs.

"Oh right, one bathroom," Bella said, and they moved into her room while I went into mine. The last time I was in here was when I was 10 and it shows. The only difference is the size of the bed. New queen size, bed with new white blankets and pillows. I dropped my suitcases and bags and skipped across the hall into Bella's room. Her room hasn't changed either.

"The sales lady picked out both of your bed stuff. You like purple right? And, Eva, she thought it would be best just to get white to be safe." he asked and I nodded with a smile.

"It's perfect, thank you. The new bed looks comfy. I am however gonna need some money to redecorate." I gave a big innocent smile and he nodded.

"Of course, just go to the stores and write down prices and give it to me. I'll tell you what's in the budget," he said and I nodded leaping over and giving him a giant hug.

"Purples cool, thanks," Bella said with a nod and I sat on the side of her bed. She was still holding her little cactus she got from back in phoenix. Something to remind us of home.

"Okay." dad said then left the room.

"It looks like we never left." I sighed looking at Bellas's things on the walls. She nodded and before she could sit on her bed I was pulling her over to my room. I brought my suitcase with me.

"Come see mine!" back in mine we both laughed at the one pink wall and toys neatly placed everywhere.

"Oh when you went through that pink phase, It was a nightmare."

"It really was! I can't even look at pink now without getting overwhelmed and I used to be able to sleep with it right across from my face." I simultaneously laughed and winced at seeing the color.

"I can already picture what it's gonna look like once I redo it all," I said with a determined huff and she laughed at me. She then went back to her room to start unpacking. A few minutes later we heard a car horn honk, and I went to Bell's room to look out the window with her. My windows face the back and side of the house as well. Just like Bella, I have a bay window. It looks kinda weird on the outside to have two bay windows but I love having one, so it doesn't matter how it looks.

"Omg, it's Jake!" It took me a second but once I recognized him, I gasped and took off running down the stairs.

~Thank you for choosing my story! Happy reading!~