Chapter 17

*store in port angeles*

"I like this one," Jess said holding up a one-shoulder strap pink dress.

"That's cool," Angela said, pausing her browsing to look at Jess.

"But, like, I don't know about the one-shoulder thing," she said putting it around her neck.

"Try it on." I smiled at her and she nodded going to the dressing rooms.

"I like this one," Angela said holding up a different blue one against her, already clad in a dress, body.

"Yeah, I like the beading."

"And you wouldn't need jewelry," I added.

"Jess, Eva what do you think? Lavender? Is it good? Is that my color?" Angela asked us, smoothing out the dress. They stood before the three mirrors looking at their dresses.

"I like it. I liked that dusty rose one, too." Jess said and I nodded.

"You look amazing in both, this one is definitely your color. And Jess, wow!!" I looked at her, and although her boobs were very much exposed, it suited her.

"Okay, I like this one," she said and I huffed.

"You two look amazing, Jess, that makes your boobs look great. Meanwhile, I'm struggling to find a dress!" I cried out, "I've already tried on like three!"

"Hey! Nice!" a group of guys knocked on the glass windows and called out. I glared at them feeling my eyes change for a second before changing back. But it was definitely enough for them to quickly move away.

"Oh my gosh," Angela said, turning around. I sighed, men are perverts.

"That is uncomfortable." Jess then said, still fixing her white gloves.

"That's disgusting." Bella finally spoke.

"Men are simply barbarians," I stated repeating out loud what Cielo just said.

'Good one.' I told her and she laughed.

"We'll find you a dress! Don't worry! And Bella, what do you think?" Both girls turned to her and once she booked mark her page, she looked at them.

"Yes?" Jess asked hopefully.

'She likes the approval of others too much.'

'Cielo, I know only I can hear you, but you're being rude.' I told her and she sighed.

'You are right, and I am sorry. I'm just getting a tad bit bored with all this.' she said and I sighed.

'We just have to find mine and we'll be out of here and eating dinner! And then we'll be going to dance before you know it!'

"That looks great." She repeated what she had said about all the dresses. I know Bella isn't the type to go dress shopping or shopping in general, but she could at least be more present and not act so miserable.

"You said that about, like, the last five dresses, though. And that's the same dress Eva is in since the last time you looked." She said in her own passive-aggressive voice. I admire her for being able to speak her mind and stand up for herself.

"I thought they were all pretty good. And Eva, you're pretty, no matter what you wear," she said, but I could pick up on the emotions behind the words, jealousy, obligation, frustration. What has been going on with her lately?

"You're not really into this, are you?" Angela asked her and Bella bit her lip glancing back and forth from outside at us.

"I actually really just want to go to this bookstore. I'll meet you guys at the restaurant," she asked, getting her stuff.