Chapter 16

*School*

It was a rare sunny day today, and much like Jessica and a lot of the student body, I was soaking it up.

"He's not here," Jess said more to Bella, who was looking around, probably for Edward.

"Whenever the weather's nice, the Cullens disappear." she further explained, but I already knew that since I got a text from them this morning.

"What, do they just ditch?" she asked fiddling with her green apple.

"No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yanks them out for, like, hiking and camping and stuff. I tried that out on my parents. Not even close." she said and I giggled at her, she was definitely a better person to have around, she always speaks her mind.

"Guys! I'm going to the prom with Eric. I just asked him. I took control." Angela said, rushing up and sitting at our picnic table.

"That's great! Congrats!" I jumped out of my seat moving around to her and hugging her after Bella and Jess did.

"I told you that would happen. Are you sure you two have to go out of town?"

"Oh yeah, it's a little family thing," she said and I frowned, we had a family thing on the night of the prom?

"Okay, we should go shopping in Port Angeles before all the good dresses get cleaned out," Jess said and I nodded,

"I'll go with if yall don't mind? I love dress shopping now and then!" I said and before they could give me the answer, the bell rang overhead and we all started to gather our stuff.

"Port Angeles? You mind if I come too?" Bella asked and they both looked at us like we were crazy.

"Huh, yeah both of you can come, I need your opinion. Especially yours Eva, your style is so pretty."

"Thank you!" I chirped, smoothing down my white dress as we walked back into the school.

"Oh, hey Bells, what family thing?" I quietly asked her, pulling back a bit.

"I lied, I just don't want to go. You're a sophomore anyway, you can't go. Plus, I figured you wouldn't get a date in time and instead hang out with me at home?" she asked, but it was more of a statement. I was a bit shocked and angry but not enough to cause crazy weather.

'Bella. I actually do want to go, I've had multiple juniors ask me. But sure, if you want me to stay home with you, then I will." I said hoping she would change her mind.

"Okay jeez, you can go if you want," she said with her arms raised and I smiled but then felt a little guilty for snapping at her.

'Don't feel guilty, she was manipulating and belittling you. You are going to go to whatever a prom is, and be the best-looking one.' Cielo said and I couldn't help but smile again.

'You are so right, I shouldn't let myself get pushed around by her. Even though she is the older sister, I am an Angel, and it's about time I start being respected.'

"Thank you, Bella!" I hugged her then skipped ahead a little to Angela and Jess.

"I just got out of the family thing, and already have a date! So I just need the dress!" I threw my arms around them and they laughed.

"You got a date already? With who?" Jess asked. It was just my luck that he was walking down the hall.

'Him?' Cielo asked. I was slightly confused, but I'll ask her later about it.

"Barton Rogers? Good catch girl!" Jess laughed and Angela poked my side.

"Barton!" I said moving past the girls and up to him. I have had many guys at this school ask me to prom, hit on me, and tease me. But so far, he's been the nicest one I've met.

"Hey, Eva!" He hugged me and I hugged back.

'Wrong.' she said as we hugged and I pulled away, but I didn't show that I was confused.

"Yes." I smiled and his face lit up.

"Yes to prom?" he asked to make sure and I nodded.

'No!'

'What is your issue?!' I screamed at her but went back to Barton.

"If you still want to take me, then yes."

"Oh, hold up!" he said, moving his book bag so he could get something out of it. He grabbed something and pulled it out, revealing a beautiful rose.

"It's slightly squashed, but I'll get you new ones, a dozen of them! Like the ones they throw on stages for us," he said, another great thing about Barton is that he is a dancer too. He understands that part of me and can relate.

'He'll never understand you, not fully! I mean a rose? He doesn't even know that your favorite flower is actually three flowers because you can't choose! Lavender, white tulips, and yellow daisies! He doesn't know you, you shouldn't go with him.'

"I can't wait! Text me sometime!" I said quickly leaving.

"But I don't have your number?" he called out and I walked backward giggling.

"You'll find it!" I said turning and meeting back up with the girls who were waiting in the hall.

"Oh, of course, you are perfect with guys as well! It must run in the family." Angela joked and I laughed.

'You're gonna break his heart as well as your imprints.' she said, angry with me.

'Whoever my imprint is, has yet to phase. Once he does, I'll be loyal and love him, but for now, I want to at least try with Barton. For the past few days, my life has been consumed by the supernatural world, even in ballet. Maybe having some naive, clueless, and beautiful boy bring me to prom, will bring some normalcy.' I told her and she sighed.

'I guess you do deserve that.' she said after a couple of minutes, by now I was in class writing notes.

'Thank you.' and with that, I went through my day excited the whole time to go dress shopping.

~By far the shortest chapter but we got to meet someone new! Hope you enjoyed it! Happy reading!~