Chapter 11

"Okay, so how does the mind-reading work?" Sam asked once outside.

"I have to have consent from the person I wish to read," I said and he nodded moving to a few feet in front of me.

"Then you have-" I stopped him.

"Wait. Are you sure? Once you give consent I have free reign to read it anytime I want, even if we're not by each other." I said wanting to make sure he's okay with that.

"Yes, I'm sure. I give you consent to read my mind." He said, and like that, I was in his mind. I could hear all his thoughts, see through his eyes, hear what he was hearing.

'Is it working?' he asked, but I didn't see his mouth move so he must have thought that.

"Yes." I nodded blinking a few times.

'This is so weird' I thought to myself but he froze up a little.

"I can hear you as well," he said out loud and I pulled myself out.

"Really? I could see through your eyes, hear what you were hearing and read what you were thinking. How did it feel?" I asked and he just shrugged.

"I couldn't even tell until you replied out loud. When you talked it just felt like the mind linked the pack and I have," he said and I had a thought.

"If you guys have a mind link and I got constant from each of you then I should have access to that link, right?" I asked, wanting to make sure that makes sense.

"I wouldn't see why that wouldn't work," he said and we looked to Paul and Jared.

"One at a time, we don't want to overwhelm her before we can test the theory," Sam said, and they nodded.

"I'm fine with it. Eva, I give you consent to read my mind." Jared said moving closer. Just like with Sam, as soon as he finished the sentence, I was in his mind.

'Can you hear me?' he asked in his mind.

'Yes, can you hear me?' I asked thinking of my response and he nodded. I pulled out of his head, then looked to Paul.

"I give you consent to read my mind," Paul added moving closer as well. I repeated the question and once the link was established I pulled out.

"Okay. Since I'm the alpha and the group link is established through me first, go into mine then I'll nod, Paul you speak into the link first, then Jared and we'll see if it works." He said, and I nodded doing what he said.

'Open the link' I said and he nodded.

'Paul' he said, and it was like I was in both of their heads.

'How are you doing?' Paul asked and I nodded.

'Like this is the weirdest and coolest thing I have ever done' I said with a smile.

'Jared.' Sam called out and he joined.

'The way the pack link works is similar, we can hear through the others, see, smell, hear the thoughts of the others, our minds work as one. The only difference right now is that we can't do any of that with you. We can hear and feel you but only when you say something, other than that it's like you're not even there.' Sam said and I was confused but amazed, so I could be in someone's mind without them knowing any better. wow.

'Well then, let me try something.' I said closing my eyes and letting my instincts take over. I opened my eyes after I felt like a door was opened in my mind and through the guy's eyes, I could see my eyes were glowing gold.