Chapter 5

^but blue and black not pink^

*after school*

I made Bella rush home so I could get ready for ballet then have dad take me to the Rez. I quickly did homework as I waited for dad. True to his word dad, got me to the Black's residence for 4 and I couldn't be happier. 5 years later and this place still felt like a getaway, like another home to me. I was dressed in class clothes but I made sure to put a black wrap skirt on and boots, I would be murdered by some ballet God if I wear pointe shoes or even ballet slippers outside and in the mud. My hair was in a tight bun in the center of the back of my head.

"Jake?!" I called out as I saw movement from the barn. He's a good 40 feet away but I can see him perfectly like he was right in front of me. My dad had to squint his eyes and step forward a bit but he still seemed like he couldn't tell it was Jake.

"Linnie?" I heard him ask, but he must have said it at a normal volume because my dad didn't seem to hear him. So now my reflexes are heightened, my sight is way better than normal, and I can hear more clearly? What is going on?

"Hey! I came to catch up before dance!" I called out as he jogged over a little. He gave me a hug, which I returned, then backed up maybe 5 feet with a smile.

"Awesome! Everyones gonna be so happy to see you! Hey Charlie, how are you?" They shook hands as dad answered with "same old same old."

"Well angel I have to get going but I'll see you for 7?" he asked and I nodded.

"I'll call to let you know if Bella or someone can bring me home," I said and he nodded.

"I-I can bring her home sir," Jake said a little nervous which made me giggle, why is he nervous?

"That would be a great Jacob, thank you. Text and let your sister know. Behave you two!" he called out as he got in his cruiser then went off.

"Okay first, I want to say hey to Uncle Billy, then say hey to the rest of the old gang, catch me up on them so I know what to avoid bringing up." I smiled walking up to his house.

"Oh uh, Sam, Paul, and Jared have formed some type of gang and they have changed a lot. Quil, Embry, and I still hang out, Leah and Sam got engaged but then unengaged shortly after Sam started being all weird. The three call themselves the protectors of Quileute. Anyway other than that nothing much has changed around the Rez." he explained and my eyes widened. Leah and Sam started going out a year before I left, Leah and sometimes Sam as well would babysit me but now we're all older, I'm 15 they are both like 22 by now.

"Wow, I can't imagine Sam being some gang leader or the fact that they broke up after getting engaged! And that's good, Quil and Embry are hanging with you. They need a good influence." I smiled at him as we walked into the house. I said hey to Billy then Jake took me around the Rez to everyone, Sue and Herry clearwater, Leah, Seth, Quil, and Embry. I said hey to everyone we would cross, them all remembering me and welcoming me back.