CHAPTER 4, Friends?

LACAS's POV...

After I made breakfast, I put it in the fridge. I placed 2 pills and a water bottle beside bed with a note. And that's it; I made my way to the car to airport. I didn't know, how to recognize her. I haven't seen her, not even her photo. So I don't know how...

By the time I made it to the airport, I am sure her flight has already landed. I started to walk towards the entrance, where I saw a girl, wearing a sky blue dress, a dark blue over coat and a light brown scarf around her neck, and she was wearing sun glasses. I can recognize she is Asian by the look on her face. I went near her thinking, she is the one who I am supposed to meet.

"Hey! Umm... Riya?"
"Umm Yeah! I am and..."
"Oh! Hi I am Lucas, I am here to pick you up."
"So you are the Lucas. Nice to meet you" she extended her hand.
"What do you mean by the Lucas?" I took her hand for a shake.
"Well just... never mind, let's go."
I nodded, leading her towards my car. We got in; I started to pull out from driveway. There was awkward silence until she broke it.

"So?" she asked me.
"So??" I replied her, confused.
"So, are you interested in someone else?" she asked, completely invading my privacy.
"Why? Are you really planning on marrying me?" I asked turning the question towards her.
"Yeah! I mean no! I mean, I have to..." her last words were barely above a whisper.
"So, tell me, are you interested in someone else?" she asked slightly hesitant. Which made me to choke on my own spit.
"I.... I don't know. If you had asked me a day ago, I would have said no, but today...... I guess, I don't know, but there is a person."
"What? Really? Tell me more about that person. I want to know." She asked eagerly.
"I don't know that much about him, ahmm... I mean that person." Shit I said him, hope she doesn't heard it.
"So it is a boy! Wow! Cute.
okay let me guess, he must be opposite to your nature. You are giving a bad boy aura, that means he must be a very innocent boy, sort of like nerd. And you are not that open, that means he never shuts. He must be cute and small, and must be the uke." She said it in a tone, clearly indicating she was in the 9th cloud.
"Yes, it is a boy. I am not a bad boy, okay? And he is not innocent, a nerd? My foot. He is in the foot ball team, but not a jock. He looks like one though, but he is soft, so soft.... Like a cotton candy. He is not that small, just a few inches than me. And who are you calling stupid, I am top in my university, he also gets good grads, atleast good than my brother. And he is not cute, he is hot, hotter than the sun. But you are right about one thing, he is the uke." I said all these things in my defense, who is she calling stupid? Stupid girl.
"Hey! Excuse me! Are you the person, who just now told me that he doesn't know that much?" she started to burst in laughter.
Shit! Shit! Shit! It was a trick, a trap, for me. SHIT! Now I really feel like a stupid.
"What is his name? seems like your brother's friend." She asked me still laughing. How does she know he is my brother's friend. Shit! I told her.
"His name is Kyle. Yep! He is my brother's best friend, they are like childhood sweet hearts."
"Aww! That's so cute, by the by, where are you taking me?"
"obviously to my home silly! So tell me about yourself, do you have someone waiting back there?" I asked hope fully changing the topic.
she thought about it for seconds then shaking her head as a no.
"My dad would kill me, if I did something like that. Arrange marriages are common in India. So, no. I love my dad to much and I would do anything to keep him trusting me."
"Like this marriage?" I asked.
"Yes! But I am sure we can find a way to escape from this." She said with a grin. She was full of positive vibe. I parked at the parking lot where many other unused cars are parked. My parents want us to show-off. What are they, five. To show off what they got to others, who doesn't have it, seriously?
"We are here. You can go inside, I have some stuffs to do. If you want anything ask Hunter, my brother. Or you can call me." We both exchanged numbers. She gave me a half hug before she got out. When I was about to pull out, she called my name,
"Lucas....."
"yeah!"
"I really had a great time with you. Hope we can get along, atleast as a friend?"
"Yeah! I also had a great time. Wait for me for dinner. Okay?"
she nodded and smiled genuinely, she was really nice. She went inside. I started to pull away. When my phone vibrated, indicating a text.

I opened up it, it was from Lisa, my girl friend, I mean ex- girl friend.

"I am sorry baby. I really am. I was a bitch. Sorry. I really want to be with you. I love you. Hope you still love me. You can come to me, whenever you want. Please forgive me. Please.
- Yours and only yours,
Lisa,
Love you so much<3."

'I m coming Lisa' I told to myself and drifted off to her home.