Chapter Twenty Seven

Korra glared at the ceiling. Her chest was still in pain but it wasn't anything too severe. Asami had been by her side since they got home and she'd been constantly acting like Korra couldn't move a single muscle which was irritating her.

Even though she knew that the engineer was just trying to be helpful and that she was concerned it was getting on her nerves a bit.

Tenzin didn't agree at first when she told him she'd rather stay at the Sato Mansion. The man literally didn't want to hear it, until Korra and Asami practically told him they were together and he became a flustered mess.

So now they were currently in Korra's room, with her lying on the bed, with Bolin and her making jokes at each other.

"I can't believe you're getting married in three months! Just yesterday you seemed like that sixteen-year-old boy I met at the pro-bending arena years ago."

"Korra, we're the same age, stop acting as if you're older than me."

"I'm just sayin'," she chuckled.

Bolin smiled sheepishly at her while Mako silently stood beside his brother. The firebender finally uttered something, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, I had a few fractured ribs, but Kya healed that," Korra replied before adding, "I can at least walk normally."

Asami sat beside her on her bed. Mako and Bolin still didn't know why Korra wanted to stay at the Sato Mansion instead of the island but they didn't think much of it.

Korra glanced at Asami and grinned, "Should we tell them?"

"We should tell them," she replied.

Bolin's eyes widened, "Ooh! Tell us what? You got some good gossip for us?"

Mako raised his brow in confusion, "Is something wrong?"

"No, actually.... uh... so Korra and I are dating," Asami answered.

Bolin looked confused for a second before he put two and two together, "You and Asami are a couple?"

"We are."

"Woo-hoo! I knew you had some good gossip! Opal and I get the first double date, okay? We're free next Tuesday."

Korra and Asami smiled at each other in response to the supportive reception, before Korra turned to a visibly uncomfortable looking Mako. For one, he didn't expect both of his exes to be dating each other so his expression was a bit crude, but he'll recover from it.

"Mako?"

"You're both dating each other now... That's cool," he scratched his neck uncomfortably.

"Is it really?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm cool with it, I didn't expect it, but I'm happy if you two are happy," he smiled and relaxed before Bolin cut him off.

"Well, I'm so happy for you two. And no pressure about that date."

"Thanks, Bo. I'm just happy we can say that the Earth Empire is finally gone."

"Yeah, thanks to Kuvira, can't believe she's under house arrest for now."

Korra nodded in reply and carefully rested back on the bed. Even though she tried to hide the known fact that she's in pain, Mako and Bolin glanced at each other and nodded.

"We'll leave you to rest now, hope you'll feel better soon," Bolin replied as he dragged his brother out of the door. They bid their goodbyes and Korra immediately turned to Asami who had a worried expression on her face.