Chapter Twenty Five

Korra ran inside. Her heart beating out of her chest. She glanced around the room until her eyes fell on Bolin who was gripping his brother's arm and crying. She ran toward the two and checked Mako's pulse.

It was still there. Yet barely. If they didn't do something he's as good as dead.

"His pulse is still there," Korra mumbled.

"Why isn't he breathing?!" Bolin screamed, "Aren't you a healer?! Heal him!"

"Bolin, calm down, he'll be alright... I hope..." Korra replied, the last part under her breath.

"Calm down? Calm down?! My brother isn't breathing! And you expect me to calm down?" he flat out yelled at her. Asami pulled him back trying to calm him, but he kept crying and mumbling something only Asami could hear.

Korra panicked again because she couldn't see Kuvira anywhere, thinking that she'd had escaped but was surprised when she got from the other room with some water and a towel.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to save his life," she replied as she gave Korra the water, "Heal his neck the half breed freak bruised him up pretty badly."

Korra nodded and began healing her friend's neck. The cold water glowed around him but he still wasn't breathing. The Avatar was in a frenzy, she was not giving up on the firebender no matter how annoying he was.

"Why isn't he waking up!?"

"He's still not breathing," Kuvira mumbled as she checked. She ripped open his shirt and started doing chest compressions. Korra stared at the metal bender. "What are you doing?" she questioned.

"I'm saving his life," she mumbled and after thirty compressions she stopped.

"Why did you stop?"

"Give him mouth to mouth."

At that, Korra and Asami both gapped at her. Korra's eyes were slightly hinting at a sigh of annoyance, "What?"

"He's not going to start breathing if no one starts giving him mouth to mouth! Do you people not know the first thing you learn with healing if someone isn't breathing!"

"You do it!" Korra snapped and Kuvira nodded.

The metal bender tilted Mako's head up. She used one hand to hold his chin and lifted it, her other hand was pressed on his forehead as she pinched his nose with her index finger and thumb.

Korra, Bolin, and Asami all watched anxiously, hoping for the best. Kuvira took a normal breath as she covered and sealed his mouth with hers. She blew into his mouth for about a second. His chest rose visibly and sank when she moved away.

She did the same again and added chest compressions. Mako still wasn't breathing, but his pulse was still there. Kuvira tried again and for the last time, she succeeded.

The firebender gasped and coughed in pain. Korra, Asami, and Bolin all visibly relaxed, and Korra sighed in relief when Mako stared at her and Kuvira in shock.

"Uh... thank you," he coughed out as he stared at Kuvira who only nodded in reply.

Bolin helped him up and hugged him, still tears in his eyes he mumbled, "Please don't ever jump to your death again."

"Not promising anything, and where's Wu?" he mumbled fear spiking in his stomach.

"In the back, he's still a bit freaked out," Kuvira replied.

"Is he alright?"

"He's fine, Mako. Are you okay?" Bolin asked. His brother nodded in reply and looked around, "Where's Tokuga?"

"Dead."

Mako's jaw clenched. Hearing the words seemed unrealistic. Nothing could kill that man and now he's suddenly dead. He'd be surprised if Tokuga walked out of that hole in the wall that brought his attention, "Why is there a hole in the wall?"

"Mako, you're asking too many questions, we still need to take care of the remains of the Earth Empire."

Kuvira glanced at Korra, "The Earth Empire should be no more, they don't have a leader anymore, and most of the soldiers are too dumb to take over anyway."

"We don't know that for sure. And someone put her back in her chains," Asami replied.

"Kuvira, where even is the troop camp in Gaoling?"

"Not too far from here, why?"

Korra gripped her forehead not liking the idea that came to her mind, "Can you drive us there?"

As Kuvira nodded, Asami left to the airship to bring out the spare Satomobile that was kept under the deck. Mako went to find Wu who was still traumatized by everything that happened not only twenty minutes ago.

Asami drove the Satomobile as Kuvira was giving directions. To someone, like Kuvira, it would've appeared that they were bonding while driving to the troop camp. But to others, like Asami, it would've just seemed as if she was trying to keep herself from killing the metal bender next to her seat. Which she was.

None of them had realized that they were carrying extra weight under the Satomobile. The extra weight being the presumably dead half breed.

He slipped under the vehicle somehow managing to be unseen by everyone. Korra let him down a little too quickly before he was fully out of air which is why he was still alive and breathing.

With a small little grin, he patiently waited until they got to the troop camp so he could end them, once and for all.