Chapter Ten

Asami was sitting inside her office at the construction site. She was glaring at the blueprint, nothing made sense. After Mako had told Zhu Li and the rest of the volunteers what happened with president Raiko everyone immediately panicked.

Since Mako and Korra decided to stay there and help with the supplies she went back to the construction site with Bolin. They were still low on earth benders but Bolin's help came in handy.

Abruptly a silhouette of two figures passed by her window. She glanced up and pulled open one of her desk drawers. Just as her hand reached inside, a Creeping Crystal member came to the door and opened it.

The man entered the office first, followed by his boss, who walked in and sat on the edge of Asami's desk. Asami's right hand remained in the desk drawer as her eyes narrowed at the woman, clearly unhappy with her intrusion.

"Can I help you?"

"Actually, we're here to help you, sweetheart. This is quite the construction project you're overseeing. It would be unfortunate if you weren't able to complete it."

Asami glared at the woman, "Don't threaten me. And don't call me sweetheart."

The man growled at the engineer, "Do you know who you're talking to? Jargala Omo, leader of the Creeping Crystals. Show some respect."

"It's all right. She didn't mean anything by it. You've got nerve- a quality woman in this city could use more of, am I right?"

"What do you want?"

"I'm offering you a chance to work with me," Jargala replied.

"Thanks, but I'm not looking for any new business partners."

"Think of it more as a professional courtesy. Tokuga and the Triple Threats are making a play for all the turf this side of the river, including the land we're standing on right now. Now, the Creeping Crystals are happy to provide you protection in exchange for a small, monthly fee."

Asami stood up, now wearing an electrified glove on her right hand, "I already told you- not interested."

"Cute weapon. You know how to use it?"

"I'm happy to give you a demonstration."

The Creeping Crystal member had gone into a fighting stance of his own, but Jargala turned away from Asami and headed toward the door.

"Maybe next time. Come on, let's go."

The man looked confused, "We're leaving?"

"Obviously Miss Sato isn't thinking straight. Let's give her a couple of days to reconsider my generous offer."

Jargala and the Creeping Crystal member left the office, they shut the door behind them as they went. As soon as they were gone Asami sat down and breathed a sigh of relief.

Bolin walked into her office. The engineer didn't notice him at first before he made his presence known, "Uh... Asami, we have a small problem."

"Is everything alright?"

"Not really, some of the workers got in a fight and now we're down three earth benders..."

"What?!"

"I don't know exactly what happened, I was on my way toward here and saw two of them on the ground, one was knocked out pretty badly, the other one was bleeding from his forehead and the one who was apparently attacking them fled the scene so yeah..."

Asami groaned, "Great, now what?"

"Did call Su yet?"

"I didn't get the chance," the engineer replied as she glanced at the clock. Her eyes widened and she grabbed her keys and purse. The green-eyed girl glanced at Bolin one more time before she left, "Can you do it for me? Thanks!"