Chapter Fifteen

Asami took a firm grip on the wires and ripped several of them out. A yellow gas immediately began to pump out of the airship's ventilation ducks into the gondola, quickly flooding it and reducing Zhen to coughing.

"Go! Now!" Asami yelled at Wonyong.

The triad member who was previously guarding her tried to punch her, "What did you do?"

"Just made a few modifications!" she replied as she dodged the blow and sent him flying toward Zhen, making both of them collide with the wall.

Wonyong smashed the glass window of the emergency cabinet with his elbow and put on one of the gas masks before throwing the other to Asami, who had her hand over her mouth to avoid breathing the gas.

"Catch!" he yelled as he threw her the mask. She caught the mask and put it on, coughing a bit as her breathing returned to normal.

"Thanks! Tokuga and the pilot should be passed out. I'm going to steer us clear of the city."

The moment her words left her mouth, an enraged Tokuga emerged from the gas.

"There's one thing you didn't plan for!" Tokuga wrapped his tentacle arm around Asami's neck and grabbed the front of her gas mask with his human hand.

"How-" she struggled out.

"It turns out being half-spirit has its advantages."

The half breed ripped Asami's gas mask off her head, quickly leaving her coughing helplessly.

Outside, Korra was steering Oogi above the airship. She crouched on his head, preparing to jump off.

The Avatar leaped off, using air bending to propel herself further. She landed on the top of the airship softening her landing with airbending and going into a forward roll. Getting back onto her feet, she opened the airship's top hatch and jumped in as Oogi flew away.

Korra dropped down into the control room. Tokuga was standing in front of Asami, she dropped to her knees because the gas was overwhelming her.

Her eyes flickered in anger, "Back off!" she screamed and used her airbending to pick up the half breed and throw him backward, away from Asami. She ran toward the nonbender and air-bent spheres of clear air around her and Asami's heads to allow them both to breathe making them both gasp for air.

"Sit tight. I'll try to land the ship," Korra replied as she stood up, but Asami grabbed her hand preventing her from doing so.

"No, I've seen you drive. Keep Tokuga busy. I'll steer the airship."

A hint of red-tinted on her cheeks at their sudden contact, "Yeah, that's probably for the best."

As the nonbender put her mask back on she ran to the controls. Tokuga got back on his feet with Korra turning to face him. He grinned wickedly, "Need some fresh air?"

Tokuga shattered the gondola's windows with his tentacle arm, allowing the gas to pour out down to ground level.

"No! Asami, we need to get the gas away from everyone!"

"I can take us into the spirit world! The poison isn't affecting Tokuga, so I don't think it will harm the spirits!"

"Go!" Korra yelled.

"Counting on the spirits to help you?" he spat as he lounged his tentacle arm at her, "Think again!"

Korra jumped over the tentacle, before using the momentum from the jump to throw a kick at the half breed. She bent a gust of wind that slammed him against the other side of the gondola. Before he could recover, Korra used her metalbending to wrap a strip of metal around his tentacle arm, trapping him in place.