Chapter Twenty Four

Kuvira's mouth hung agape. She stared at the half breed, a small grin forming on her mouth. Before anyone could say or even react she started laughing hysterically. Which shocked most of them especially Bolin who had never seen the woman even smile let alone laugh.

"Is something funny?" Tokuga spat out.

"You? You're the thing everyone is so afraid of?" she chuckled.

"Kuvira, stand down, he's insane," Korra growled out. She was standing in front of Asami ready to pounce on the lizard-man for what he had done to the girl behind her. Kuvira bent one of his swords in half making it turn around him, catching him by surprise. He was captured in his own sword which made him slightly chuckle.

"I'm not here to disrupt your election, or whatever, I'm here to help actually."

"What?" Asami questioned, "You tried to kill all of us."

"I didn't finish, I' here to help you, by finishing what I started," he replied.

His tentacle arm emerged from under his coat. He snapped the sword in half and threw the broken piece at Kuvira who luckily bent it away in time. She was pushed back by the sudden attack.

Korra and Mako hit tokuga with a blast of fire as he jumped away from the two, landing on Bolin's side.

Bolin who didn't have any earth around himself tried punching the half breed but fell on the floor when Tokuga tripped him making his hands grip his head in pain. The lizard-man smirked and gripped Bolin's shirt collar.

He lifted him using his human arm. His tentacle arm was inches away from ripping his neck apart. Bolin gulped in fear and everyone who was on the other side stopped moving.

"Let him go!" Mako spat out.

"I will, I just need you all to leave the Earth Empire alone."

"LET HIM GO!" Mako screamed again. Mako thrust his arms forward, two fingers extended from each hand, Bolin's eyes widened because he recognized the movement all too well, he struck the half breed with a bolt of lightning.

Tokuga's spine nearly snapped itself in two. Each drop of his blood and venom had been stung by a struck. His hand and tentacle felt numb, the skin of his arm had been burned off of it.

There was a thump and jolt in his body as his eyes widened in fear. Bolin was pushed back when the lightning hit the half breed making him collide with the wall, with his head yet again.

An eternity later Tokuga recognized it was his knees hitting the ground as he collapsed. The rest of his torso followed. With the side of his face pressed against the floor, he heard yelling, sounds were increased.

Mako was fuming in anger, this wasn't the first time he had struck someone with lighting and killed them, but by the looks of it, it wasn't the last. The firebender planted his feet and shot another bolt of lightning straight into his back.

"It didn't have to end this way," he punctuated his sentence with a third and fourth blast of lightning. He kicked his shoulder, a meaningless act other than to show his fury. The firebender intended to cook his corpse beyond recognition.

Korra stopped him before he could shoot another bolt of lightning, "Mako, it's done. He's dead, you can stop now," she pulled him back.

Asami was at a loss for words, was she glad that Tokgua was finally dead, yes absolutely. But now they had another problem to worry about. Which was Kuvira.

Mako went to help his brother who by the looks of it was unconscious. What the firebender didn't seem to know was that none of the lightings he had just blasted beyond the first had hurt to the same degree.

Tokuga played dead until he came to his senses. As he had said before, being half spirit had some advantages. He could smell his clothes smoking. By every spirit of every star in the night sky, the firebender would pay for what he'd just done. He reached out and grabbed his broken sword.

Tokuga's eyes felt as if they were leaking. Not with tears, but with a form of anger and spite. He rose with a glare on his face. None of them seemed to notice that the half breed was in fact alright and alive.

His tentacle arm gripped around the firebender's neck pushing him neck to himself. Tokuga rose his broken sword up to Mako's neck sparking fear in his eyes. Korra, Asami, and Kuvira all took a fighting stance ready to attack.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily," he chuckled, the sword was getting closer to Mako's exposed flesh in seconds and Korra felt herself panic.

"Let him go and we'll leave your army to do what they please," she said earning a look from Kuvira.

He laughed, "That's not how it works. I asked nicely once. I'm not asking anymore, this is what happens when you defy me."

Bolin who regained consciousness stared at the two in pure terror. He stood up and Tokuga shook his head, "No, no, you stay right where you are or your brother gets speared."

Korra glanced at Kuvira who looked back at her. They both nodded thinking the same thing. Korra leaped at him with airbending from the left side and Kuvira attacked him from the right bending the sword out of his arm.

Tokuga stumbled back, still gripping onto the firebender, only this time he had his tentacle around his throat.

"Move again and I choke him to death!" he screamed in fury. His tentacle gripped Mako's throat tighter making his hands fly toward his neck trying desperately to rip off the tentacle around it, but failing miserably.

Mako's vision started blurring, he couldn't breathe anymore and his face started to lose color. Bolin looked as if he'd just seen a ghost. He couldn't move as he saw his brother fighting for his life. Korra stopped moving, fear, anger, despair, all kinds of emotion were flowing through her veins.

Her eyes turned pure white. She thought about swinging Tokuga overhead and dashing him and dashing him against the ground or twisting him like a wet rad between her bare hands. He was surely more fragile than a solid iron bar.

No. He needed to be shown what a true force of nature looked like. Korra rose into the air, Tokuga let go of Mako who crashed against the floor. Tokuga was now in Korra's grip before she threw him at the wall with her full strength. He smashed through it, now laying in pain on the dirt.

Korra went through the hole in the wall and gripped him by his neck, lifting him in the air. She curled her fingers together, and the flames hemmed them in. The Avatar looked down the length of her arm at Tokuga. He shielded his eyes from hers, her inner light too bright to take.

Despite the burning sensation, he felt around his neck he couldn't breathe when Korra formed and air bubble around his head. The air was moving too fast for him to breathe.

"You forget, Tokuga," she started, talking with a deeper voice, "There's always someone who stands above you in judgment."

"What'll you do now? Knowing that everything you did had consequences," she continued.

She didn't need to ask. Behind the terror of Tokuga's eyes, there was a stronger deeper outrage. How dare she? was the only thing roaming through his mind. Consequences were for his victims! His teeth clenched, he was a man who did whatever his power let him.

Tokuga felt his last breath leave his mouth. Korra was the only thing holding him up. She opened her hand and watched him fall. By the time she left the Avatar state Asami was standing in the whole she formed.

"Korra-" she choked out. Korra turned around meeting a teary-faced Asami, she immediately panicked imagining the worst, and the words that left her mouth didn't help the panic at all, "Mako... he's not breathing."