Chapter Three

Tuesday

McGee got to work early on Tuesday and, as much as he hated to, he headed down to Abby's lab.

"Hey Abby, I came to work on the laptop?" No answer, but he knew she had heard him. Acting like a 2 year old, not one of her more appealing traits, still he could hardly blame her. It was probably a sign of how much Abby cared for Tim that she hadn't killed him yet. They worked in silence for an hour. Tim was about to say something when he got a call.

"McGee, MTAC now." McGee started shutting down the computer going as fast as he could. He was still late to MTAC, a man was already on the screen. McGee's jaw dropped when he saw who it was and he hung back in the shadows. Gibbs, Tony and Ziva were there. Gibbs was actually smiling.

"Wilson its been a long time."

"Too long Gibbs can believe you're still at NCIS. I thought they would have kicked you out a long time ago."

"Well it's not for lack of trying" Gibbs said ruefully.

"And you also know Tony?" Ziva asked.

"Oh yeah," Wilson grinned "now him I never pictured for law enforcement."

"He's just making the rounds." Gibbs said with a glance at Tony.

Tony started "When I was at boarding school they brought in some military to tell us about opportunities, I didn't want to join but I had to go to one of the sessions and Lt. Robert Wilson was talking about sports. Particularly how sports play an important role in shaping young people."

"Many very successful people are athletes. Tony came and talked to me after and we kept in touch. So yeah I've know him for a while."

Gibbs opened his folder. "Tell us what you know about Carrol and Teal. How long were the under your command?"

"Six months. Carrol was...acceptable, not great but he passed through. Teal was much better, dedicated, principled. He was a good Marine."

"Can you think who would do this?"

"I can't Gunny. Neither really had any enemies, they were just good guys."

"Thank you Major."

The screen was about to be terminated when our of the blue Wilson spoke again, "I heard about those kids drowning at Norfolk." Gibbs nods and Wilson continued, Shame kind of eerie."

"What do you mean?"

"Something almost exactly like that happened when I was stationed at Bethesda in the 80's."

"Oh really?"

Wilson nodded. "Four kids fell though a hole in the lake. Three were Marines kids and one Navy brat. Ironically it was the Marine kids that died, the only survivor was the Navy kid."

"Why ironic?" Ziva asked

"Marines are tough, the toughest, so are their kids. Hopefully this won't end the same way."

"How was that?" Gibbs asked.

"The kid didn't take it well, claimed he was attacked after the incident. Tempers were high but he wasn't attacked. I felt bad for him survivors guilt and all but...anyway his father raised hell and got transferred early so problem solved I guess. Caused a lot of problems on base though." He frowned.

McGee sat down heavily in the back his legs unable to hold him up any longer.

"Why did he say he was attacked?" Ziva asked.

"Paranoid, I think some of the kids did give him a hard time, didn't have many friends, kind of a loaner."

Ziva frowned, "I am sure the child was under a great deal of stress." She cocked her head. "You don't seem very sympathetic."