Chapter Twenty-Two

Sean turned around still smiling. Gibbs shook his hand.

Congratulations

"I-I didn't know what he would have done if he couldn't see Agent Gibbs. I'm sure he would have figured it out, people do, but..." He trailed off shaking his head.

"Don't have to worry about it now." Gibbs said

Yeah

"Sean I'm going to call Sarah and Emily now that I finally have good news to give them." Olivia said coming up and kissing him.

"Ok sweetheart."

Before she left and much to Gibbs' surprise she threw her arms around him and give him a quick hug before she left. Sean grinned at his shock.

"Um I should probably call my crew too. Abby will kill me if I don't let her know."

Sean laughed.

"That doesn't surprise me."

Walking outside Gibbs frowned at the dark clouds gathering.

"Hey Abbs."

"Gibbs! How's Timmy?"

"He woke up a few minutes ago and-"

He pulled the phone away from his ear to keep it from being shattered by the scream that followed.

"Hold on Tony is with me, I'm going to put you on speaker."

"Hey Boss, good news?"

"Yeah, McGee woke up a few minutes ago and was able to see his father."

"Alright! Can we come over?"

"Yeah, be careful, storms coming up."

Abby and Tony were at the hospital in record time leading the investigator to believe they had disregarded his admonishments to be careful. He shook his head and decided the look on Abby's face was enough to let it slide.

Abby quickly made her way to Tim's side. She was disappointed that he didn't wake for her, but she gently set about smoothing his pillow and sheet before settling in a chair right beside him.

Gibbs smiled.

"I'll be back."

Once outside he pulled out his phone and called the director. He had already told him the good news but had forgotten to discuss the other matter on his mind. He knew Vance would not like it.

They said what?

"They said the only thing they could do was knock him back two ranks and give him a formal reprimand."

We'll see about that. Marines can't expect to do that sort of thing and get away with it. I mean he was nine years old for god's sakes.

"I know Leon."

I'll see what I can find out Gibbs.

"Appreciate it Leon."

Tim didn't wake the rest of the day, he looked much better and the doctor came in and announced he was very pleased with his progress. It was getting late and Gibbs decided to go for one last coffee run before he took Abby home. She wasn't going to like it, especially since she hadn't gotten to talk to Tim but he would promise to bring her back tomorrow when he came.

Gibbs was just walking into the hospital as it started to rain, the storm that had been brewing all day finally arriving. His phone rang and he glanced at the caller ID, Ducky

"Hey Duck"

"Jethro is it raining there?" Ducky asked quickly, for once getting right to the point.