Chapter Eight

The left side of Tim's face hurt more than anything he could imagine. He figured his jaw was broken and he couldn't imagine what else was wrong. Still the beating continued. His only prayer was that he would soon lose consciousness.

"That's enough I need to make a point too and I need him partially conscious." A voice said out of the darkness.

"Not till I'm done." A second voice said full of malice.

"You're done."

"Look he's mine I just brought you in. I didn't need your help."

"If it wasn't for me he would be gone. How did he escape?"

"He was loose when I came in. He cold cocked me!"

"I thought I told you anytime one of us left the room for a long period of time he needs to be unconscious. I don't care if you beat him unconscious or use drugs. Because of you we have to move. I wasn't ready to move."

"You want to lure the team here anyway, let them come."

"It's not time, beside I was doing this for you, I thought you wanted more time with him."

"Anyway," continued the first voice, "I need him for a bit then he's all yours. I don't care about your little revenge."

Tim heard something crash to the floor that sounded like a chair being knocked over. He flinched involuntarily which only made his body hurt worse

"It's not revenge! Revenge is stupid and pointless. This is justice, justice is giving someone what they deserve and he deserves this! He killed my sister!"

"He didn't kill her." The first voice said calmly. "As far as I can see he was just there when she died."

"You're just like everyone else! He doesn't deserve to be alive, if she had to die he should have too!"

The first man didn't say anything, but he calmly pulled out his colt revolver and aimed it. Tim screamed. Pain flared first in his knee then spread like lightning all up and down his leg. He was so focused on the burning he didn't even notice the voice in his ear at first. It was eerie in its calm and lack of anger or emotion.

"Just let me tell you next time the bullet will be higher, much higher. But in the knee you won't bleed too much and serves a double duty if you escape again you won't get far."

McGee felt him straighten up and address the other man.

"I'll be gone for a few hours. I have to take care of some things. Don't kill him while I'm gone."

Silence

"Hey! I mean it."

"He'll last"

"He better"

A door slammed shut and McGee shuttered as the voice whisper in his ear.

"You're mine."

Gibbs didn't even look up when the elevator dinged so he was a little surprised when a shadow fell across his desk at 6:30am. He was shocked to see that shadow belonged to DiNozzo.

"Why are you here so early?" Gibbs asked trying to get over the shock.

Tony looked confused.

"You said we could go see McGee first thing in the morning. I assumed that meant when I got here. " He spread his arms. "I'm here."

Gibbs hid a smile. "You know the rule about assuming."

Tony's face fell.

"Come on boss. I never get up this early. You know McMorning Glory will be up."