Chapter Sixteen

The first thing Gibbs noticed when Tony stepped off the elevator was the uneasiness of his expression. That seemed odd, he would have expected anger or worry, but not this particular look. Even more strange was Ziva also look a bit unsettled. Gibbs watched them closely as they walked toward him with Danny Larson handcuffed and in between them. He was mumbling and staring at the floor as they practically dragged him forward. When Larson finally raised his eyes Gibbs understood the looks on the faces of his agent.

Larson's eyes were wide open darting back and forth and had a wild look in them. It was all Gibbs could do not to shudder as those eyes sent chills down his spine. He knew the man was crazy, but Larson truly looked it.

It was late and few employees were there but the few who were looked up and shrank back at those eyes when they meet them.

Worse still and the sight that turned Gibbs' stomach as they got closer were the dark brown dried spots on Danny's shirt as they got closer. Gibbs had seen dried blood often enough to know what it looked like. He observed the only injures Larson seemed to have were on his hands. They were shredded and Gibbs jaw tightened as recognition set in. Someone's hands looked like that when they had been fighting, more specifically punching. Gibbs didn't have to think long to come up with the object of those blows.

After Tony and Ziva had deposited him in interrogation they meet Gibbs in the hallway.

"Boss" Tony started. Then he just shook his head.

Ziva tried.

"We know he is crazy but..."

"Will you two spit it out?"

"Boss there is something creepy about him, I mean too creepy for words. I've got goose bumps just from the ride we had and I don't think they're going away for a while. I mean he just kept staring at me in the rearview mirror." Tony finally got out shaking his head.

Gibb nodded.

"How did Metro happen across him? They obviously didn't find him with McGee."

Oh if that had only been the case he thought, then this nightmare would be over.

"Apparently an off duty Metro officer had gone into a market that afternoon. He noticed a guy mumbling and acting all weird, plus what looked like blood specks on his shirt."

Gibbs watched Ziva 's face tighten in contempt as Tony explained.

"So he kept watching him and then when Larson started to leave he went over to question him. Larson made a break for it, but that didn't last long. Once he got him back to Metro they realized who they had and called us."

Gibbs nodded again and put his hand on the door handle.

"I will go in with you if you would like Gibbs." Ziva offered.

Gibbs smiled slightly

"Appreciate it Ziva, but this interrogation might not follow the norm. You can break his bones later."

Tony and Ziva entered observation and were surprised to find two people already there.

"What are you two doing here?" Tony questioned.

"I want to see him." Abby said.

"And I as well, I would like to get a deeper look into his mind." Ducky explained.

"I don't know if Gibbs is gonna like this." Tony started

"Tony, he can't see us."

"Abby, its Gibbs, no he can't see you, but he can feel you."