Chapter Thirteen

Back in her element Abby spread her arms wide.

"Ok what do you want first?"

"Whatever it was that made you make that face upstairs." Gibbs said digging to try and find what had caused that reaction.

"Oh I mean besides that, that's for last

Gibbs gave her a look.

Tony jumped in.

"Hey, what was the prescription for?"

"What prescription?" Abby asked.

"We found an unfilled prescription and resignation letter at McGee's apartment." Ziva said.

Abby's eyes filled with tears.

"He's resigning? This is all my fault I was so mean. I-"

"Abby we will find him and see if we can make this right I promise." Gibbs said and turned to Tony. "And the prescription is none of your business DiNozzo because it doesn't relate to the case, got it?"

"Yes Boss"

"Abby," Gibbs said exasperated, "what have you got?"

"Ok," she said trying to compose herself, "like I was saying upstairs and I am so sorry I didn't think how McGee's dad would react to knowing about the messages. Anyway there are dozens; he called McGee about 342 times this past week. Some of those messages are not nice at all. A lot of them threaten Tim so even without a restraining order he could have done something."

"You heard why he will not Abby." Ziva said.

"I know I know. On with the information tour I dug into Danny's history and it is messed up. He was committed to a psychiatric ward when he was 14 for threatening to kill his father. He actually did kill their cat."

"Violent" Ducky observed, "that does not bode well for Timothy."

"He stayed there for several years. His father died and his mother remarried Sgt Aaron Linden and had two more kids, Scott and Scarlett. Danny had just gotten out of anther hospital when they died. Not long after that he was committed again, but there was something different this time. Before the accident apparently his violence rants was "unfocused"." She said making quotes with her fingers. "Afterwards his talk and threats had a very specific focus."

"McGee" Gibbs finished grimly

Abby nodded sadly. "Yeah, I can't access complete records, but from what I could hack into he was very disturbed and obsessed with revenge."

Suddenly one computer dinged, McGee's face came to the screen alongside his finger prints. Abby turned her attention there.

"Ok we have a match. The payphone had been wiped clean and I haven't had time to run the money yet, but inside the slot where the money falls down there was one perfect finger print. I guess we got lucky or unlucky. At least we're in the right general area." She turned to Gibbs with crossed arms and a pout on her face. "Gibbs I want McGee to be here, not," she threw her arms up, "wherever he is!"

"I know Abbs. What else?"

"The thing you're not going to like."

"Abby say it already."

"I hacked into McGee's home computer to see if I could find some information he kept from us. "

"Abby, what did you find on his computer and why won't I like it?"

"I was on his desktop when a chat he had from a few days ago, Tuesday, popped up. You know how...well you don't know, but when you're chatting if you don't close the application it just stays there and comes up again if someone comes online."