Chapter Fifteen

When Tony returned from his forced break, Ziva's desk was empty and Gibbs was about to walk out of the bullpen.

"Where are you going?" Tony asked.

"Interrogation"

"Who's there?"

"A person of interest in this investigation." Gibbs said evasively.

"Larson?" Tony asked hopefully

"No"

Tony was getting tired of this; his patience was already pretty thin.

"Then who?"

Gibbs studied him.

"Robert Wilson is in interrogation. I want to get his part in this cleared up. After all that's been going on I almost wouldn't be surprised if he knew something." Gibbs said moving to get around Tony.

Tony blocked Gibb's path

"I want to talk to him"

"No Tony, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Boss he lied to me. I trusted him. He was more of a father to me than anyone when I was a kid. And, here's the real kicker, the closest person I've ever had to a little brother was trying to protect me from him. What kind of crap is that? I'm the oldest, I'm the senior field agent it's my job to protect him and I couldn't do that. Wilson hurt him when he was a kid and then again the other day when he told that boldfaced lie and you think I'm just going to sit back and not say a thing?"

Tony voice got louder as he progressed until he was yelling, many people looking to see. Gibbs' face remained expressionless, so Tony tried again.

"Gibbs please, I need to know why. I mean let's put aside that it was McGee. Why do that to any kid? He was my role model, I have to know why."

Still staring Gibbs' face softened.

"Come on" he said quietly.

Tony started to follow when Gibbs turned around abruptly causing Tony to almost run into him.

"If I see for a minute you're about to get out of control..."

"Perfect control Boss, I promise."

They reached interrogation just as Ziva was stepping out.

Gibbs frowned.

"Why were you still in there? You brought him in 10 minutes ago."

Ziva looked at him innocently.

"I'm sure you are mistaken Gibbs. Proper procedure is to bring in the witness, take them to interrogation and leave. I, of course, did just that."

Gibbs gave her a look and opened the door, took one look in, shut the door, turned back to Ziva and raised his eyebrow

"Oh yes!" She exclaimed "I forgot to mention, coming here walking down the hall he took the corner sharply. I am afraid he might have hit his nose. I was just brining some tissues to him."

With that she turned and walked toward observation.

Gibb shook his head and entered the room.

Wilson looked up.

"What am I doing here Gibbs? What in the world is going on? That agent, she ran me into a wall outside!"

Gibbs sat across form a man he had at one time considered a friend but now realized he barely knew. Tony stood in the corner looking at Wilson betrayal in his eyes.

"That's not what we're here to talk about."

"Then what? She wouldn't tell me."

"Why did you lie to me?" Gibbs asked softly.