25. Busted And Bruised

My jaw dropped. It was Niko who was going against the girls wishes.

Newt froze beside me. I looked to him and saw anger mixed with something else, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Help," he girl screamed but was cut off when Niko put his hand over her mouth.

And just like that, Newt snapped.

He ran forward and easily kicked Niko off the girl.

Niko grunted in pain before he spoke up. "What the hell man?" He yelled then looked up. "Oh, it's you."

I could almost hear a growl come deep in his throat.

"Come on," Niko said. "We were just having a little fun."

Newt and I both looked to the girl, tears were streaming down her face and she was shaking.

Newt shook his head.

"She is a slut anyway," Niko snapped. "Just like Beth here."

Newt was on top of him in the blink of an eye.

He was throwing rough punches, seeming to loose all control. The veins in his neck bulged and I could see the lines between his eyebrows.

Niko tried to fight back by thrashing his feet, but Newt didn't budge. Niko didn't stand a chance.

Newt continued punching until Nikos legs weren't moving anymore and he layed still.

I looked to the girl that stilled say on the ground and she looked terrified.

Newt was going to kill him. I had to stop it before it went to far.

"Newt," I said but he seemed to be blacked out in anger.

"Newt," I screamed and his fist froze in the air.

He looked up at me and I saw his eyes become clearer and his face softened.

I had never seen him become that aggressive. And for some odd reason it made me want him more.

He stood and stepped over the unconscious Niko. Taking my hand up in his busted and bloodied own, he led me away.

We walked in silence until we got back to our room.

I pulled his hands up to look at the damage done.

His knuckles were split open and covered in blood. They were swelling quick and the skin was turning purple. I wouldn't be surprised if something was broken.

I sat him on the bed and left, coming back a few seconds later with a first aid kit and ice.

"Does it hurt?" I asked and dumped iodine on them, causing the skin to turn orange.

He shook his head. He wouldn't say so even if they did.

I sighed and worked in silence.

The only sound between us was the distant buzz of the generators.

As I worked on his left hand, he placed his right under my chin, pulling my face up.

He roughly kissed me. He wasn't as soft as he usually was. The kisses earlier were gental and soft, this one was heated and seemed to be fueled by desire and anger.

His breath was heaving into my mouth and I quickly reacted to his touch.

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer. His hands wildly running up and down my sides, tracing my every curve.

The moment between us was back, and this time it was more than on the beach.

I pulled his shirt off and smiled, tracing the indented lines between his abs that led to his waist.

Sparks traveled through my body and I rubbed my legs together.

He pushed me onto the bed and I looked into his eyes. They were demanding and hot. His dirty blonde hair messy and his chest was rising and falling quickly.

I grinned, this was going to be a long night.